Our highly experienced, national real estate transactions team advises on all components of property transactions, including:
- acquisitions and disposals of retail, commercial, industrial and residential property developments
- property, planning and environmental due diligence, project finance and structuring
- land access and other rights of utility operators under statute and registered interests, such as easements and restrictive covenants
- apartment developments and greenfields subdivisions
- property portfolio management
- joint ventures, development agreements and other project agreements
- all forms of commercial leasing and licensing, including retail, office, industrial leasing, agreements for lease and lease options and enforcement
- land acquisitions and compensation, and
- land valuation and rate objections and appeals.
- Acting for APN in relation to the listing of Industria REIT.
- Acting on the proposed IPO of Pacific REIT, a project for the acquisition of numerous shopping centres in Victoria and New South Wales.
- Acting for Arena Investment Management Limited in relation to the sale of the Arena Office Fund, the Arena Property Fund and the Chevron Renaissance Shopping Centre. The transaction includes properties worth over $500 million in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia, Queensland and New Zealand.
- Managing a national portfolio of properties for APN Property Group. This includes undertaking leasing, sales and acquisition work as well as advising on related property, planning and environmental issues. We have performed this work in relation to a range of properties Australia wide, including shopping centres, service stations, commercial buildings, self-storage facilities and in respect of several funds managed by APN Funds Management Ltd.
- Acting for Generation Healthcare in respect of the redevelopment of the Epworth Freemasons and Frankston Private Hospital.
- Acting for APA Gasnet, Ausnet, Multinet Gas, United Energy, Jemena, Zinfra and a number of Melbourne Councils in relation to land access, statutory rights, responsibilities and encumbrances.
- Acting for Moelis Asset Management in relation to the establishment of its new $300 million significant investor fund, which recently acquired the Healesville Walk Shopping Centre.
- Acting for private developers in relation to apartment developments, including acquisition of the development site, advising on town planning issues and other construction and development issues and acting in relation to the off-the plan sales of the apartments.
- Advising a number of significant national property developers such as Cedar Woods Ltd, Dennis Family Corporation and AV Jennings in relation to broad acre land development mainly in identified growth areas.
- Acting for a significant Australian property fund in relation to the sale of key assets.
- Undertaking all Victorian property work for Caltex including drafting and negotiating agreements for lease and leases, acquiring and disposing of properties and advising on planning and environmental issues.
- Acting for Australian Unity and IOOF in relation to property advice and disputes.
- Acting for Dennis Family Corporation in relation to land development, sales and acquisitions and leasing throughout Victoria.
- Advising in respect of a variety of projects requiring complex ownership and tax structuring considerations.
Property & Projects| 09 Aug 2022
We examine the recent Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal decision of Eastcombe v Fagersta Steels, and its implications for businesses and landlords.
Property & Projects| 04 Aug 2022
Partner Brad Marland discusses some of the key issues facing local government in South East Queensland.
Property & Projects| 01 Aug 2022
Mandatory seller disclosure obligations for real property sales could be introduced into Queensland under a draft Bill by the Queensland Government.
Property & Projects| 29 Jul 2022
Climate Change Bill 2022: translating Australia’s latest emissions reduction targets into domestic law
The Minister for Climate Change and Energy has introduced into the Commonwealth Parliament the Climate Change Bill 2022, designed to translate Australia's latest emissions reduction targets into domestic law.