Our European Desk is comprised of lawyers with wide ranging expertise in advising European companies on transactions in Australia.
We have long term experience in undertaking complex cross-border transactions bridging legal, linguistic and cultural differences in a manner beneficial to our clients. We act for many of our European clients as the Australian counsel.
Through our proven experience and our wide ranging network of contacts, we facilitate our clients’ access to relevant local expert competence and improve the efficiency with which transactions are conducted.
The key practise areas of our firm are:
- Corporate and commercial law, in particular accompanying the foundation or acquisition of an Australian company.
- Tax law, including the application of the German-Australian double taxation agreement.
- Employment law, including immigration law.
- Intellectual Property law (trademarks, unfair competition and copyright law).
- Banking, Finance and Capital Market law.
- IT law.
- Property, Planning and Construction.
- Environmental law and Sustainability.
- Financial Services and Insurance.
- Private Clients.
- Superannuation and Pensions.
- Conducting litigation and arbitration, particularly in the law of damages.
- Acting for Sauber Motorsport AG in high-profile and very urgent proceedings brought by former driver Giedo van der Garde in the Victorian Supreme Court, and in appeal proceedings in the Court of Appeal, immediately prior to the 2015 Melbourne Grand Prix.
- Advising on three acquisitions by a UK company of Australian food manufacturing businesses including establishing their first plant in Australia.
- Advising Personal Performance Consultants UK Ltd on its acquisition of OSA Group, one of the major Australian providers of Employee Assistance Services.
- Acting for Intershop Communications AG, a German based eCommerce dual listed software provider, in entering into a major IT contract with Telstra Corporation Limited.
- Advising Einhell Germany AG on their acquisition of the Ozito group of companies.
- Advising WAGO Auslandsbeteiligungs-GmbH on the acquisition of The Kontact Group Pty Ltd.
- Advising the Austrian Knill Group on the acquisition of Graph Solutions.
- Drafting the relevant documents relating to the sanctioning of the Australian PGA Championship as part of the European Tour (Golf).
- Advising Siemens Venture Capitals in various matters.