Our European Desk is comprised of lawyers with wide ranging expertise in advising European companies on transactions in Australia.
We have long term experience in undertaking complex cross-border transactions bridging legal, linguistic and cultural differences in a manner beneficial to our clients. We act for internationally known companies from all over the world, stock-exchange listed companies in Australia and overseas, as well as medium-sized companies conducting their business in Australia and act for many of our European clients as the Australian counsel.
Through our proven experience and our wide ranging network of contacts, we facilitate our clients’ access to relevant local expert competence and improve the efficiency with which transactions are conducted.
The key practise areas of our firm are:
- Corporate and commercial law, in particular accompanying the foundation or acquisition of an Australian company.
- Tax law, including the application of the German-Australian double taxation agreement.
- Employment law, including immigration law.
- Intellectual Property law (trademarks, unfair competition and copyright law).
- Banking, Finance and Capital Market law.
- IT law.
- Property, Planning and Construction.
- Environmental law and Sustainability.
- Financial Services and Insurance.
- Private Clients.
- Superannuation and Pensions.
- Conducting litigation and arbitration, particularly in the law of damages.