Our European Desk is comprised of lawyers with wide ranging expertise in advising European companies on transactions in Australia.
We have long term experience in undertaking complex cross-border transactions bridging legal, linguistic and cultural differences in a manner beneficial to our clients. We act for internationally known companies from all over the world, stock-exchange listed companies in Australia and overseas, as well as medium-sized companies conducting their business in Australia and act for many of our European clients as the Australian counsel.
Through our proven experience and our wide ranging network of contacts, we facilitate our clients’ access to relevant local expert competence and improve the efficiency with which transactions are conducted.
Key practice areas
- Corporate and commercial law, in particular accompanying the foundation or acquisition of an Australian company.
- Tax law, including the application of the German-Australian double taxation agreement.
- Employment law, including immigration law.
- Intellectual Property law (trademarks, unfair competition and copyright law).
- Banking, Finance and Capital Market law.
- IT law.
- Property, Planning and Construction.
- Environmental law and Sustainability.
- Financial Services and Insurance.
- Private Clients.
- Superannuation and Pensions.
- Conducting litigation and arbitration, particularly in the law of damages.
Partner & Head of International Practice
Oliver is a corporate partner, whose practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, corporate advisory, divestments, foreign investments and start-up capital raising.
More about Oliver
Dr Wolfgang Babeck
Fluent in French | German | Russian | Spanish
Dr Wolfgang Babeck has more than 20 years’ experience as a corporate and commercial lawyer and is admitted in New South Wales, England & Wales and as Rechtsanwalt in Germany. Wolfgang is a consultant to the firm and co-heads our European desk.