Shaun specialises in new economy transactions revolving around social infrastructure, technology and impact investment.
He has extensive experience advising on the structuring, delivery and financing of various social and affordable housing projects, build-to-rent projects, specialist disability accommodation (SDA) projects, hospital and healthcare projects, childcare facilities and technology platforms integrating with these sectors.
Shaun’s clients benefit from his considerable projects and finance expertise. He regularly advises on bankability risks in infrastructure projects, with particular experience in capital grants, impact investment funding, alternative debt funding and subsidised arrangements. His experience in structuring, joint ventures, corporate, investment and finance enables him to provide ‘whole of project’ solutions to clients.
Shaun has a deep understanding of the political, commercial and regulatory issues around funding and delivery of successful new businesses and projects, drawing on his experience acting for public and private entities, including not-for-profit and startup enterprises, to provide a holistic service to clients.
- Advising the consortium on Queensland’s largest social and affordable housing project in Cairns to be delivered under the Queensland Housing Investment Fund.
- Advising the successful Building Even Better Communites consortium in relation to the Ground Lease Model 2 Project deliveing mixed use housing in South Yarra, Port Melbourne, Prahran and Hampton East.
- Advising Community Housing (Vic) Limited as part of the successful Building Communites consortium in relation to the $450m Ground Lease Model 1 Project deliveing mixed use housing in Flemington, Prahran and Brighton.
- Advising Tier 1 CHP in relation to $1bn pipeline project under the Queensland Housing Investment Fund.
- Advising equity sponsors in relation to $600 million of Gurner-Qualitas build-to-rent projects in Southbank and Fitzroy North.
- Advising Australian Unity in relation to seniors living development in Queensland.
- Advising Vera Living in relation to the acquisition and development of over 100 SDA dwellings across multiple projects in Australia.
- Acting for Aboriginal Community Housing Limited in relation to the forward funding of the development of an indigenous village in South Australia.
- Advising the City of Brisbane Investment Corporation in relation to the structuring and development of their first SDA project in Brisbane.
- Advising Inspire Impact Fund in relation to acquisition and development of various properties in Victoria and Queensland.
- Advising AccessAccom in relation to development, investment and operation of multiple SDA Projects totalling over 100 SDA dwellings across NSW.
- Advising various sponsors, developers and funders in relation to the development and financing of over 100 specialist disability accommodation projects.
- Advising various community housing organisations on their funding applications to the National Housing Finance Investment Corporation.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2022-2024Recognised – Project Finance and Development Practice
Turnaround Management Association 2018Winner – medium-sized Deal of the Year
- Director, Disability Sport and Recreation
- Member, Committee for Melbourne
- Member, Institute of Company Directors