Kristy has over 20 years' experience advising the property investment industry with a focus on development and construction projects, leasing and tenant disputes and property management generally.
She advises property investors, fund managers, asset and property managers, developers, and financiers on matters such as joint venture arrangements, development management agreements, fund through arrangements, construction contracts and regulatory compliance, tripartite agreements, solar installation, cladding remediation, embedded network compliance, retail shop lease legislation compliance, sustainability matters and redevelopment projects, including tenant management, relocation, and dispute resolution.
Kristy regularly advises on enforcement of leases, construction contracts, and other real estate contracts. Her experience also includes construction and real estate disputes.
Kristy is a member of the Property Council of Australia Queensland Commercial Office Committee, the Queensland Law Society Construction & Infrastructure Law Committee, and the Australian Restructuring Insolvency Turnaround Association. In 2022, she chaired the Property Council of Australia subcommittee for the review of developers in Queensland. She has been recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Real Estate since 2020.
- Advising Centuria Funds Management on the development and construction aspects of the three-phased acquisition of West Village, a unique cultural, retail, commercial and residential precinct located in Brisbane’s West End, including negotiating a complex suite of acquisition and future development documents, undertaking a full legal due diligence on the site (including the bespoke titling structure of the development), and lease arrangements.
- Advising Chauvel Capital Partners on the development management, construction documentation, leasing and tenant management following the acquisition of a $150 million portfolio of retail shopping centre and childcare development sites across South-East Queensland, including the Queen Street Village shopping precinct in Southport (Gold Coast) which is part of a $500 million integrated master planned community.
- Advising a specialist public health facility on the retail leasing aspect (including preparing and negotiating sub-lease documents, agreements to lease, preparing licences, obtaining consent to sub-leases from the head lessor, and managing registration of the lease documents on the title), plus advising on a complex suite of multiparty documents, including facilities management agreement, lease, and project management agreement governing the ongoing operation, maintenance, and occupation of the facility.
- Advising Marquette Investment Managers on various construction and major repositioning projects across its CBD commercial office portfolio including landmark Gold and Blue towers in Brisbane’s Golden Triangle, including drafting and negotiating multiple construction contracts for the redevelopment works and fit-out of new tenancies along with advising on the management of tenants continuing to trade whilst the works are undertaken.
- Advising LaSalle Investment Management on the redevelopment, leasing, and asset management work for 293 Queen Street Brisbane and 307 Queen Street – a $150 million 26-storey office tower located in the Brisbane CBD Golden Triangle which underwent extensive ground floor refurbishment in 2020, including advising on the surrender and repositioning of leases for Bank of China, Heritage Bank, Palladium Group, and Corporate Travel Management; drafting, negotiating, and managing multiple construction contracts; and tenant management; as well as advising on tenant and property management generally across the national portfolio.
- Advising WINIM Funds Management on five separate joint venture arrangements for the acquisition and development of five residential developments and one hotel, including advising on the joint venture structure and establishing the associated SPV trustees, trusts and joint venture vehicles along with drafting, negotiating and advising on the joint venture agreements, unitholder agreements and development management agreements through which WINIM was appointed by each joint venture to develop the sites.
- Advising Forza Capital on construction work for the sustainability driven major refurbishment and repositioning of 200 Creek Street Brisbane, a 10-level office building on the CBD fringe.
- Advising LaSalle Investment Management on the major repositioning and pre-leasing of Valley Metro Shopping Centre positioned above the Fortitude Valley Railway Station in Brisbane, including advising on agreements for lease of the refurbished centre from an early stage; Retail Shop Leases Act; lease demolition, relocation and negotiation; and tenant management through to completion of the project.
- Acting for Wagner Corporation in drafting and negotiating construction contract documentation for the ongoing development and expansion of the Wellcamp Business Park (Toowoomba), including for the expansion of the Wagner Corporation CFT facility, construction of the Regional Trade Distribution Centre, Qantas pilot training facility, construction of the 1,000-bed regional accommodation precinct leased to the Queensland State Government for a quarantine facility, and various tenant construction and expansion projects.
- Advising StoreInvest on the construction of the StoreLocal facility at Hendra (Brisbane) along with the construction of subsequent stages of existing developments at multiple sites across Queensland and Victoria.
- Drafting and negotiating construction contracts and providing contract management advice for residential developments across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2020-2024Recognised for Real Property Law
- Chair, Property Council of Australia subcommittee for the review of developers in Queensland
- Member, Property Council of Australia Queensland Commercial Office Committee
- Member, Queensland Law Society Construction & Infrastructure Law Committee
- Member, Australian Restructuring Insolvency Turnaround Association
Environmental, Social and Governance | 20 Nov 2023
We highlight the key implications financial market participants should be aware of.