Emma has over 25 years’ experience practising in the areas of non-contentious property, finance, corporate, commercial and local government law, with a focus on property law.
Emma acts for a broad range of private, corporate, institutional, local government, State Government department, and statutory corporation clients.
Before joining Hall & Wilcox, Emma was a partner of the property and commercial team of Western Australian firm Kott Gunning for 16 years.
Since 2019, Emma has been a committee member of the Property Council of Australia, WA Division Commercial Committee.
- Advising on all aspects of leasing for commercial, retail and industrial properties, including leasing for a number of central business district buildings and various shopping centres, retail complexes, office buildings, industrial sites, and telecommunications infrastructure – for both freehold land and Crown Land.
- Advising on and preparing contracts for sale or purchase of land, land exchange, access agreements, easements, restrictive covenants, development deeds, land management contracts, caveats and related documents and contracts generally.
- Advising on contracts for the sale or purchase of businesses, assets and equipment, land and large commercial properties, undertaking due diligence on such transactions and acting on the settlement.
- Advising on and preparing documents required for the compulsory acquisition of land or adverse possession of land.
- Advising on general commercial contracts across a broad range of matters.
- Banking and finance experience (including acting for credit unions, rural lenders and private lenders) providing advice, documenting lending transactions, conveyancing, personal property securities, and advising/acting on defaults and debt recovery (including conveyancing for mortgagee in possession sales).
- Acting for a WA statutory corporation and for Local Governments (metropolitan and regional) on a range of property matters including: sale and purchase of property on complex transactions, leasing and licensing, easements, caveats, restrictive covenants, management agreements and development deeds.
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022Recommended – Real estate
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Property Council of Australia