Hear from our people
Our people across Australia share what it's like to work at Hall & Wilcox.
The access to work is phenomenal and early-career lawyers can build relationships with clients from day one, says Lawyer Jemima Whiteman. From excellent partners and mentors and direct access to clients to a supportive culture and plenty of co-curricular activities, Jemima shares her reasons to join Hall & Wilcox.
We offer extensive and generous benefits, policies and programs to support all of our people both in and outside the workplace.
- Structured learning and development programs
- Financial support and study leave for post-graduate studies
- Mentor Connect Program
- Recognition and reward
- Secondment opportunities, including internal, client and overseas
- Coaching, support and resources for working parents and carers
- Corporate discounts
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary packaging
- Superannuation consultations
- Superannuation on paid parental leave
- Financial contribution towards home office furniture
- Paid parental leave – up to 26 weeks
- Paid fertility and pregnancy loss leave
- Hall & Wilcox day – annual day off on the firm
- Birthday leave
- Flexible public holidays
- Option to purchase additional leave – up to 4 weeks a year
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health awareness
- Wellbeing Champions
- Flexible working/ hybrid working environment
- Dress for your day
- Free daily breakfast for everyone
- Calendar of events to inspire improved health and wellbeing
- Annual contribution towards health and fitness activities
- Free fitness classes
- Regular social and sporting events
- Yammer – our internal social networking platform
- LGBTIQA+ Inter-firm networking events
We are dedicated to our community and corporate social responsibility. These values underline everything we do as a firm and are reflected in our Pro Bono and Community Investment Program and our approach to Diversity and Inclusion. We take care to ensure that our business activities are environmentally sustainable, which is captured in our Environment and Sustainability Policy.
Learning & Development
Learning is an ongoing process that is critical in every aspect of our work. That’s why we create an environment where collaboration, critical thinking and creativity thrive. It’s what drives Smarter Law and helps us to create a high performance learning culture.
What makes Smarter Law – well, smart? It's how we advise, protect, defend and enable our clients' organisations in ways that actually work better for them. We use innovation and work creatively with our clients to continuously improve the way we deliver legal services.
In the industries and practice areas we focus on, we have deep, multi-disciplinary experience. We’re also genuinely interested in industry developments and actively share our knowledge about evolving trends, legal implications and horizon issues.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects our people, our clients and our community.
What does it look like to work in our offices?