Hear from our people
Our people across Australia share what it's like to work at Hall & Wilcox.
Hear from Lawyer Todd Waugh on his five-year career journey with Hall & Wilcox so far. For Todd, what makes the firm a fun place to work is the great work-life balance, social and sporting events, access to learning and development, and working alongside a genuinely happy group of people. In addition to the positive culture, Todd loves the interesting and diverse range of real-world matters he is exposed to and entrusted with.
We offer a range of benefits and initiatives to support all of our people across both in and outside the workplace, with initiatives across five wellbeing focus areas.
- Learning & development – The HW Academy provides ongoing development opportunities for all our people and we encourage a continuous learning culture through on-the-job learning, coaching and mentoring
- Promotion opportunities with clear career progression paths
- Flexible working for everyone
- Flexible public holiday policy
- Study support – financial contribution towards fees and extra leave
- Mentor connect program
- Secondment opportunities
- Recognition and reward
- Dress for your day
- Hall & Wilcox Day (an extra day off over the Christmas/New Year period)
- Social events – Friday night drinks, kids Christmas party, quiz and more
- Daily breakfast
- Health and fitness benefit – financial contribution towards membership fees
- Be Well Program – a program designed to inspire our people to improve their health and wellbeing
- Fresh fruit – regularly delivered to our offices
- Employee assistance program – access to confidential external professional counselling for our people and their immediate families
- Mental health awareness training
- Sporting events – fun runs, walks, triathlons and corporate games
- Purchase additional leave – opportunity to purchase up to four weeks of additional leave per annum
- Paid parental leave – up to 26 weeks paid parental leave, 5 days per annum paid fertility leave, two weeks paid pregnancy loss leave. Superannuation contributions are made on all employer funded paid parental leave.
- Salary continuance insurance
- Salary packaging
- Corporate discounts – including discounts for gym, movie tickets, legal services, insurance and the Microsoft Office Home Use Program
- Superannuation consultations
We are dedicated to our community and corporate social responsibility. These values underline everything we do as a firm and are reflected in our Pro Bono and Community Investment Program and our approach to Diversity and Inclusion. We take care to ensure that our business activities are environmentally sustainable, which is captured in our Environment and Sustainability Policy.
Learning & Development
Learning is an ongoing process that is critical in every aspect of our work. That’s why we create an environment where collaboration, critical thinking and creativity thrive. It’s what drives Smarter Law and helps us to create a high performance learning culture.
What makes Smarter Law – well, smart? It's how we advise, protect, defend and enable our clients' organisations in ways that actually work better for them. We use innovation and work creatively with our clients to continuously improve the way we deliver legal services.
In the industries and practice areas we focus on, we have deep, multi-disciplinary experience. We’re also genuinely interested in industry developments and actively share our knowledge about evolving trends, legal implications and horizon issues.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are committed to creating and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects our people, our clients and our community.
What does it look like to work in our offices? Check out our offices.