Hall & Wilcox has solid experience advising Chinese clients on aspects of doing business in Australia. We have staff members who speak fluent Mandarin. We understand the cultural and legal differences between doing business in China and in Australia.
China is Australia’s largest trading partner. In recent years there has been a boom in Chinese businesses seeking investment opportunities in Australia. In 2008 China’s total direct investment in Australia totalled AUD3.048 billion.
We also have strong links to independent international law firms including in China, Hong Kong and Singapore through our membership international networks. We have strong tax structuring capabilities and established relationships with a number of accounting firms, many of which have offices outside Australia.
- Acting in the sale of Loscam, an Australian based shipping pallet business, to China Merchants Group.
- Acting for Chinese State Owned Enterprise Wengfu (Group) Co. Ltd in its proposed acquisition of an Australian fertiliser distribution business.
- Acting for a Chinese private real estate company in respect of its listing on the Australian Securities Exchange and the Deutsche Börse in Germany.
- Assisting APN Funds Management Limited in its acquisition of a Singaporean funds management business associated with Lee Shau Kee of Hong Kong.
- Assisting a Shengzhen listed Chinese Solar Panel manufacturer with due diligence in relation to setting up Australian operations to construct and operate a 10MW solar power generation facility.
- Acting for the subsidiary of Chinese State Owned Steel Mill with the due diligence and proposed acquisition of iron ore project in Mount Ruby Queensland.
- Assisting Zheng He Securities, a Chinese based ASX Listed Company with its application for an Australian Financial Services Licence.
- Assisting Chinese investors with the purchase and development of numerous housing projects in Melbourne.
- Assisting a Chinese family business acquire a portfolio of buildings in the Melbourne CBD.
- Acting for clients in relation to international trade mark applications designating China, including filing applications, liaising with Chinese associates and advising clients on registrability and infringement issues.
- Assisting Chinese clients with business migration issues and applications for business visas.