Lydia Shen began practising law in 2012.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, she worked as corporate legal counsel of a prominent national property development company, leading legal departments of city offices, providing oversight, governance and direction for the legal matters and compliance for the company.
Before becoming an in-house legal counsel, her previous practice area was property, projects and development where she gained extensive experience in transactions of significant property assets and project development.
Lydia has now opened a new chapter in her career by expanding her legal skillsets in banking and finance.
Lydia is bilingual in English and Mandarin.
- Developed in-depth knowledge in providing overall governance, coordination and guidance of the legal matters to support the operation of the company and its projects.
- Established and maintained processes and procedures for the internal management of all legal matters.
- Directed the acquisition of multi-million development sites from a legal perspective, involved in day-to-day legal work for the development of the masterplanned communities, broadacre greenfield subdivisions and apartments, and providing legal advice and legal support for the company operation and business in general.
- Acted for various private debt funds in connection with property finance to borrowers.
- Acted for both local and international prestigious property developers including site acquisition and disposal, contracts and option deeds review or preparation, off-the-plan contracts preparation, with experience in both high-rise buildings and large-scale land subdivisions.