Ranny has over 20 years’ experience in corporate and commercial law. She specialises in international and domestic M&A, with an emphasis on cross-border transactions, joint ventures, acquisition and disposal of businesses and assets and regulatory approvals (including FIRB approvals).
Ranny has dual qualifications in Australia and China. She is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Advising Poly Australia on the regulatory approvals with regard to its potential land acquisitions.
- Advising CECEP Australia on its restructure of white rock wind farm.
- Advising Goldwind Science and Technology Co Ltd on all aspects of its wind energy business in Australia, including its successful $110 million bid to purchase the Stockyard Hill Wind Farm Project in Victoria, following a competitive tender process run by Origin Energy.
- Advising UAE Exchange on its restructure and business merger with XM Services.
- Advising Aqualand on its share subscription in McGrath which results in Aqualand the second largest shareholder in McGrath, its development in Central Barangaroo Project and its daily legal issues including FIRB and other regulatory approvals.
- Advising Beijing Jingneng Clean Energy on its internal re-organisation and Gullen Range Wind Farm refinance.
- Advising Yuhu Group on its A$1.13billion acquisition of Dalian Wanda's Australian business including two significant development projects at Circular Quay in Sydney and Gold Coast in Queensland as well as other regulatory approval issues.
- Advising Shell on a FIRB issue with regard to one of its Australian subsidiaries.
- Advising China Yunnan Copper on the restructure of its Australian business.
- Advising Shanghai Dairy Group on its joint venture arrangements with a local agriculture business.
- Advising CCCC International Holdings on its A$1.15 billion acquisition of one of Australia's leading engineering and construction services providers, John Holland, from Leighton Holdings.
- Advising Chengdu Tianqi Lithium on its US$173m acquisition of Jiangsu Lithium Carbonate production facilities from Galaxy Resources.
- Advising Guandong Orient Zirconic on its joint venture arrangements with Australian Zircon NL.
- Advising China Railway Group Ltd on its proportional takeover bid for 80% of RMA Energy.
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022Recommended – Corporate and M&A
Corporate & Commercial | 10 May 2023
From 1 July 2023, the Register of Foreign Ownership of Australian Assets (Register) will come into operation, replacing the current ATO-managed registers of foreign-owned water, agricultural, commercial and residential land.