Angelica is a banking and finance lawyer with a strong background in property. She acts predominantly for borrowers and corporate lenders in advising and completing transactions involving all forms of general borrowing arrangements, including bilateral and syndicated facilities.
Angelica has experience in both property and banking and finance. Prior to being admitted as a solicitor, she had five years’ experience working as a paralegal in property law firms specialising mainly in construction, property acquisition and disposals and commercial and retail shop leasing.
Prior to joining Hall & Wilcox, Angelica worked for Shayher Group (an affiliate of Taiwan’s largest developer, Par Ju) on Brisbane’s largest integrated mixed-use development, before moving to Melbourne to work at McMahon Clarke, a firm nationally recognised as a market leader in financial services, real estate and commercial disputes. There, she gained experience in banking and finance transactions, advising mainly REIT and funds for property finance transactions.
- Advised Spirit Super, an Australian industry super fund, on its joint acquisition, with US infrastructure investor Stonepeak, of GeelongPort.
- Advising NewCold Australia in a $340 million cross border syndicated loan facility with Goldman Sachs.
- Advising Sabco as borrower on a debt facility for a cross-border acquisition of a group of companies.
- Advising Newmark Capital Limited in relation to their various debt facilities, including the refinance of Como Centre, Jam Factory and Bourke St Mall.
- Advising Dahua Group as borrower on various financings to develop Hawthorn Park, Orchard Tarneit and Westwood.
- Advising Luxcon Group as borrower on various financings including the acquisition and construction of projects in East Melbourne and Port Melbourne.
- Advising financial institutions such as Bendigo and Adelaide Bank, Delphi Bank and Bank of Melbourne on general corporate financings.
- Advising Impact Investment Group as borrower on various financings across Australia.
- Advising social and affordable housing providers on their financing with the NHFIC.
- Advising various mezzanine lenders (including Qualitas Group, Wingate and MaxCap Group) on various acquisition, construction and residual stock financings.