Our specialist Migration Services lawyers provides in-depth knowledge and wide-ranging experience to both businesses and individual clients needing advice about, and assistance with, Australian visas.
Our team is set up to act quickly on these matters on our clients’ behalf, handling the complexities of the application work and communications with relevant authorities to ensure that the visa process runs as smoothly as possible.
Trends in the migration sector
Net migration figures are growing, bringing a stronger economy. But employers still struggle to fill in talent and will need to source workers from overseas especially. These are some of the trends in the migration sector, outlined by Kristopher Kunasingam in this video.
- Advising and assisting Australian and overseas businesses seeking to bring into Australia skilled overseas personnel to work, train, take part in exchange programs or conduct academic research.
- Negotiating On-Hire Labour Agreements with the Department of Home Affairs on behalf of clients to obtain certain concessions on standard sponsorship agreements.
- Reviewing business records, ensuring that if an audit was conducted, the documents and steps taken by the client are consistent with migration regulations.
- Providing ongoing training to human resources, management and internal stakeholders ensuring the workforce is aware of visa changes.
- Advising businesses in relation to the requirements for sponsorship and nomination, eligibility of their employees for temporary or permanent migration, and providing advice in relation to ongoing compliance with sponsorship obligations.
- Advising individual clients in Australia and overseas of their options for migration to Australia. These options can include applying for visas under Australia’s employer-sponsored, skilled, family and business investment visa provisions.
- Assisting clients who already hold a visa to obtain Australian permanent residence, including applications for resident return visas, and advice in relation to requirements for Australian citizenship.
- Advising and assisting clients seeking review of migration and citizenship decisions. This includes merits review of decisions in Administrative Appeals Tribunals (AAT) as well as advice in relation to the availability of judicial review in Federal jurisdictions.
Migration Services| 23 Aug 2023
In this video, Partner Kristopher Kunasingam outlines the growth in migration figures, what this means for the economy, and why employers may still struggle to find talent.
Migration Services| 28 Apr 2023
Home Affairs Minister Clare O’Neil touched on visa reforms in her address to the National Press Club in Canberra.
Migration Services| 03 Apr 2023
Recent changes announced by the Federal Government will affect the employment of temporary visa-holders and migrant workers. We discuss alterations to the Working Holiday Maker program, work restrictions for student visa holders and the Temporary Graduate Visa.
Migration Services| 07 Sep 2022
We examine the key initiatives that will be instrumental in shaping the Government’s industrial relations policy and immigration policies.