Joy has experience working across a broad range of corporate and commercial matters for clients from a range of industries, in both the public and private sector.
Specifically, Joy’s practice involves private mergers and acquisitions transactions, corporate structuring, restructures, corporate governance, capital raise and joint venture. She also assists clients with the day-to-day legal issues that they face in the conduct of their business, including corporate governance and the preparation and review of commercial agreements.
In 2020, Joy was seconded to the governance team of a major Australian corporate, during which she advised on various group projects as well as advising a number of different business units on various commercial contracts and legal matters.
Joy is a native Mandarin speaker and regularly assists Chinese Australian and foreign Chinese clients with their legal needs.
- Advised UK-headquartered international architectural practice Weston Williamson + Partners on the Australian aspects of the company’s sale to major consulting and engineering group Egis.
- Advising Japanese machinery manufacturer and supplier Torishima Pump Mfg. Co., Ltd. (listed on the Tokyo stock exchange) with its acquisition of 100% of the issued shares in Australia Fluid Handling Pty Ltd.
- Advising shareholders of Focus on Furniture Group in respect of the sale of 100% of the shares of each group company to listed homeware group Adairs Limited for A$80 million.
- Advising the shareholders of legal documentation service and software provider Topdocs Pty Ltd in respect of the sale of 100% of the shares in the company to Class Limited, an ASX-listed wealth accounting technology company.
- Advising the shareholders of Look Who’s Charging Pty Ltd in the sale of 100% of the shares in the company to UK-listed entity Experian Plc for A$70 million.
- Advising MNF Group Ltd in its A$34.5 million acquisition of Inabox Group Limited’s wholesale and enablement business.
- Advising the shareholders of Central Security Distribution Pty Ltd and Inner Range Pty Ltd in respect of the sale of 100% of the shares in each company to US-listed entity Anixter International Inc.