Joey specialises in property development and property-related foreign investments. Joey focuses on commercial property with particular expertise in assisting local and foreign developers and investors with property acquisitions, due diligence, contract negotiations, ‘off the plan’ residential developments and land subdivisions.
Joey has worked with a broad range of clients, including private property developers and institutional investors. Joey has also acted for listed and private Chinese companies and ultra-high net worth investors on general property matters, including sales and acquisitions of all types of properties and leasing matters.
Joey is a native Mandarin and Cantonese speaker. Her deep understanding of the Chinese culture and experience in assisting Chinese developers gives her real insight into her clients’ needs. Clients trust Joey for her commercially-minded approach to large, time-sensitive transactions and value her responsiveness and the ease of communicating with her.
- Assisting a Chinese developer in its series of acquisitions of commercial properties in excess of A$500 million.
- Advising on the acquisition of a development site in Wollert for over A$100 million and continuing to advise on the land development, which creates more than 800 lots of residential lots.
- Acting for a number of foreign investors in relation to commercial development site acquisition and disposal.
- Acting for foreign property investors on various shopping centre acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising on ‘off the plan’ residential developments and vacant land subdivisions.
- Negotiating and preparing agreements and leases for commercial leases.
- Acting on behalf of property developers regarding structuring and venture agreements.
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Victorian Women Lawyers Association
- Member, Australia China Business Council
International Tax | 12 Sep 2023
First announced on 15 May 2021 and then delayed 12 months, the Windfall Gains Tax commenced on 1 July 2023. Here is a refresher of how the WGT will apply, how much it will be, the relevant exemptions and our observations.