Disputes over property contracts can arise despite the best planning and management.
Through our analysis and negotiation strategies, we guide clients through the dispute process and advise on the steps to take for the best possible outcomes. We advise on the full range of issues that arise from building and construction disputes, including claims for delay, security payments, variations, extensions of time and defects.
Our expertise spans:
- advising on contract structuring and risk allocation
- negotiating contracts
- facilitating expert appraisals/determinations
- representing builders in licensing proceedings
- advising on prospects and procedural options
- representing clients in trade practices disputes regarding building or construction contracts, and
- representing clients in litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings.
- Contract structuring and risk allocation advice.
- Contractual negotiations.
- Facilitation of expert appraisals/determinations.
- Representation of builders in licensing proceedings.
- Prospects and procedural options.
- Representation in trade practices disputes relating to building/construction contracts.
- Representation in litigation, arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Litigation & Dispute Resolution| 11 Nov 2020
Tenant evicted for failure to pay rent: pre-pandemic breach not covered by COVID-19 rent relief leasing changes, NSW Supreme Court finds
In the wake of Justice Robb’s decision to grant relief against forfeiture in the Sneakerboy decision, Justice Stevenson recently refused a similar application by a commercial tenant for the reinstatement of its lease.