Emily specialises in property and leasing law, acting for a variety of clients in property, real estate and leasing transactions. Her areas of practice include all areas of property law including sales and purchases of real estate, commercial and retail leasing and property related disputes.
Emily focuses on understanding the clients she works for in order to better understand and mitigate their risk. She is a trusted advisor for companies including Accenture Australia Pty Ltd, IOOF Australia Pty Ltd, Sensis Pty Ltd, Ranfurlie Shopping Centres, Casey Central Shopping Centre, Care Super Pty Ltd, the Liberty Oil Group and others. She is building a solid reputation with clients for providing legal services in complex, large scale leasing portfolios, allowing them to mitigate risk and focus on their core business.
- Acting for property funds, property developers and institutional clients in relation to the sale and purchase of large scale assets across Australia including a retail asset in Victoria worth over $178 million; an industrial asset in South Australia worth over $50 million, an office tower in Western Australia worth over $80 million and a Melbourne office building worth over $25 million; completing due diligence investigations in respect of the land; advising on planning matters and environmental factors affecting the land; completing settlements across Australia; advising on duty implications for purchases.
- Advising, negotiating and preparing an agreement for lease and lease for a purpose-built facility in Barangaroo for a global technology company; advising, negotiating and preparing a sublease to an internationally renowned technology company.
- Managing a multiuse industrial development site including preparation of all agreements for lease, leases, disclosure statements and sale documents.
- Key advisor to the Victorian Pride Centre Ltd in relation to the purchase of the site for Australia’s first Pride Centre; advisor to the Board on property related matters.
- Managing the retail leasing portfolio for several major shopping centres ranging in size to over one hundred tenancies, such as Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre. The scope of work includes preparing and negotiating leases, disclosure statements and assignments, renewals of leases and advising on tenancy issues.
- Acting for the Department of Treasury and Finance in relation to an agreement for lease and lease new premises intended to be used as one of the sites for the Justice Accommodation Expansion Program run by the Victorian Government. We successfully negotiated an agreement for lease and lease with the owner of the land which ensured that the Department was getting a purpose built facility that was fit for its intended use.
- Acting on behalf of the State government, local authorities and government organisations in relation to the sale and purchase of Crown Land and Torrens Land; leasing matters and procurement processes.
- Disputes experience in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, the Magistrates Court of Victoria and the Country Court of Victoria regarding tenancy disputes, land valuation disputes and contamination disputes.
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- Professional Environmental Women's Association
- Victorian Planning & Environmental Law Association