Emily’s areas of practice include all areas of property law including sales and purchases of real estate, commercial and retail leasing and property related disputes.
Emily focuses on understanding the clients she works for in order to better understand and mitigate their risk. She is a trusted advisor for clients including Accenture Australia Pty Ltd, Australian Unity, Japara Aged Care, the Liberty Oil Group, Care Super Pty Ltd, the Victorian Pride Centre and others.
She is building a solid reputation with clients for providing legal services in complex, large scale leasing portfolios, allowing them to mitigate risk and focus on their core business.
- Acting for property funds, property developers and institutional clients in relation to the sale and purchase of large scale assets across Australia including a retail asset in Victoria worth over $178 million; an industrial asset in South Australia worth over $50 million, an office tower in Western Australia worth over $80 million; completing due diligence investigations in respect of the land; advising on planning matters and environmental factors affecting the land; completing settlements across Australia; advising on duty implications for purchases.
- Acting for a large international supermarket chain in relation to the acquisition of multiple sites in Victoria.
- Acting for Australian Unity in relation to the negotiation and acquisition of units for its newly established fund holding specialist disability accommodation.
- Acting for a listed aged care provider in relation to the sale and leaseback of sites in Victoria.
- Advising, negotiating and preparing an agreement for lease and lease for a purpose-built facility in Barangaroo, New South Wales for a global technology company; advising, negotiating and preparing a sublease to an internationally renowned technology company.
- Key advisor to the Victorian Pride Centre Ltd in relation to the purchase of the site for Australia’s first Pride Centre; advisor to the Board on property related matters; preparing all agreements for lease and leases for the Centre.
- Managing the retail leasing portfolio for several major shopping centres ranging in size to over one hundred tenancies, such as Waverley Gardens Shopping Centre. The scope of work includes preparing and negotiating leases, disclosure statements and assignments, renewals of leases and advising on tenancy issues.
- Acting for the Department of Treasury and Finance in relation to an agreement for lease and lease new premises intended to be used as one of the sites for the Justice Accommodation Expansion Program run by the Victorian Government.
- Acting on behalf of the State government, local authorities and government organisations in relation to the sale and purchase of Crown Land and Torrens Land; leasing matters and procurement processes.
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- Professional Environmental Women's Association
- Victorian Planning & Environmental Law Association
- Property Council of Australia
- Property Funds Association
- Property Industry Foundation
Property & Projects | 30 Jul 2021
Victoria's small and medium-sized businesses will again have the benefit of commercial rent waivers and deferrals. The announcement follows the recent re-introduction of temporary relief to tenants impacted by the current lockdown in NSW.