Emily has significant experience acting for a variety of clients in property, planning and environmental matters. Her areas of practice include all areas of property law including sales and purchases of real estate, commercial and retail leasing and property related disputes.
She is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, Victorian Women Lawyers, the Professional Environmental Women’s Association and the Victorian Planning & Environmental Law Association.
- Advising, negotiating and preparing an agreement for lease and lease for a purpose-built facility in Barangaroo for a global technology company; advising, negotiating and preparing a sublease to an internationally renowned technology company.
- Key advisor to the Victorian Pride Centre Ltd in relation to the purchase of the site for Australia’s first Pride Centre; advisor to the Board on property related matters.
- Acting for property funds, property developers and institutional clients in relation to the sale and purchase of large scale assets across Australia including an industrial asset in South Australia worth over $20 million, an office tower in Western Australia worth over $80 million and a Melbourne office building worth over $15 million; completing due diligence investigations in respect of the land; advising on planning matters and environmental factors affecting the land; completing settlements across Australia; advising on duty implications for purchases.
- Managing the retail leasing portfolio for a number of shopping centres including negotiating and preparing leases, disclosure statements, assignments and renewals of leases; advising on and taking recovery action against defaulting tenants.
- Acting on behalf of the State government, local authorities and government organisations in relation to the sale and purchase of Crown Land and Torrens Land; leasing matters and procurement processes.
- Disputes experience in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal, the Magistrates Court of Victoria and the Country Court of Victoria regarding tenancy disputes, owners corporation disputes, land valuation disputes and contamination disputes.