David is a partner in the Banking & Financial Services team at Hall & Wilcox, based in Sydney. David specialises in project finance, renewable energy projects, real estate finance, mining and resource finance and leveraged acquisition and corporate finance.
David is experienced in advising project sponsors and lenders, private equity houses and real estate developers on project finance, leveraged acquisition, corporate working capital, property and asset financing transactions, as well as complex, multi-jurisdictional and cross-border financing transactions. He has also worked with clients on priority, restructuring, pre-insolvency and debt-recovery transactions and on Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) compliance programs.
David has also previously served as deputy general counsel for Oceania for a major Japanese bank, while on secondment.
- Advised Spirit Super, an Australian industry super fund, on its joint acquisition, with US infrastructure investor Stonepeak, of GeelongPort.
- Advising a European renewable energy developer on the project development and financing of multiple wind farm projects in New South Wales and Victoria, including a first-of-its-kind deferred construction milestone payments and receivables purchase financing structure, backed by ECA credit insurance.
- Advising the successful bidding consortium on the acquisition of a major Australian energy business.
- Acting for a Commonwealth government grant provider on funding for the development of a solar gas hybrid project powering a mining project in Western Australia.
- Advising a syndicate of offshore banks on the project financing of an integrated wind farm and battery storage facility in Victoria.
- Advising a major renewable energy developer and asset manager on the acquisition and financing of a Queensland solar farm and separately on the project financing of a solar farm in Victoria.
- Advising a major Japanese bank on a range of financing transactions whilst on secondment across the renewables, transport, resources, utilities, infrastructure, healthcare, financial institutions and real estate sectors, along with securitisation, corporate advisory, receivables and payables financing mandates, including facilities covered by ECA credit risk insurance.
- Acting for a European renewable energy developer on:
- the acquisition and debt financing of a remote, off-grid solar farm co-located with a mining project in Western Australia.
- the long-term senior and junior debt project financing of a multi-stage wind farm in South Australia.
- project finance for the development of multiple solar projects in New South Wales.
- Acting for multiple North American pension funds and private equity firms on the acquisition and corporate financing of multiple assets across the telecommunications, agriculture, corporate services and infrastructure sectors.
- Acting for an Asian-based non-bank lender on multiple real estate financing transactions.
- Acting for Asian-based family offices and funds on the real estate financing of several city office blocks, retail centres, mixed-use developments and hotel and tourism assets.
- Asia Pacific Loan Market Association
- International Project Finance Association
- Australian Private Equity & Venture Capital Association Limited
- Law Society of New South Wales
Energy, Resources & Utilities | 27 Nov 2023
Climate Change and Energy Minister Chris Bowen has announced that the Federal Government is working with state and territory governments to increase Australia’s grid capacity.