Michelle is an experienced real estate lawyer acting on complex property transactions.
Michelle’s practice focuses on project and development agreements, acquisitions and disposals, complex leasing, management agreements and structuring and subdivision advice.
Michelle is proactive, responsive and works with her clients to identify the goals of each transaction to deliver value through quality legal advice and commercial solutions.
- Acting for Property and Development NSW on the development of a site for mixed use purposes, including a healthcare facility, school and for residential apartments. This matter required a development agreement to deal with rezoning, subdivision, capital contributions, design and development of the new facility, rights of first refusal and restrictions on use together with licences and ancillary side deeds for construction and occupation.
- Acting for NSW Ports on the development of the LNG import facility at Port Kembla which included complex documentation with several stakeholders (both public and private companies).
- Acting for Health Infrastructure Corporation on the divestment of an environmentally sensitive site in Orange.
- Assisting Opal Aged Care on a complex development project with Stockland, which involved a long term lease from the Catholic Church, the design and construction of a new tower for the dual purpose of an aged care and retirement village and a long term lease for use on completion of the project.
Acquisitions and Disposals
- Consistently acting for a wide range of clients on the acquisition and disposal of assets, including commercial office buildings, industrial sites, vacant land for development and retail precincts.
Social and Affordable Housing
- Acting for NSW Land and Housing Corporation on a development project involving demolition and construction of a mixed use development including residential, social and affordable housing.
- Assisting NSW Land and Housing Corporation on the strategic conversion of a number of long term leasehold interests at Millers Point to freehold, and the sale of those properties to existing tenants.
- Acting for TAHE on the redevelopment of vacant land to be used by the Rural Fire Service, which includes a complex works deed and long term lease.
- Acting for TAHE and Transport for NSW in relation to a range of property matters, including project documents, commercial and industrial leasing, advice on title issues, easements and covenants, the sale of sites and redevelopment of commuter car parks.
- Acting for a number of landlords (including Kingsmede, Active Super, Sydney Airport) on their diverse property portfolios, which include prime commercial office, industrial complexes, retail centres and Sydney Airport. This includes complex pre-commitment agreements, leasing documents and management agreements for the portfolio.
- Assisting a range of tenants to secure and manage their office, commercial or retail tenures including acting for McKinsey on a complex agreement for lease with an integrated fitout in a premium grade landmark building in the CBD.
Awards and recognition
Doyles Guide 2021Australian Property and Real Estate Rising Star
- Member, The Law Society of New South Wales