Our Construction team has both front-end and back-end construction law expertise. We have experience drafting and advising on tender and contractual documentation, project structuring including tax considerations and risk allocation on construction and development documentation.
We also provide dispute resolution and dispute avoidance advice on complex delay, disruption and variation claims and a variety of defects, bank guarantee recovery, liquidated damages, and other contractual and negligence claims.
- Preparing construction contracts and service and maintenance contracts for Centro and AMP shopping centres Australia wide. This included preparing and negotiating project management agreements, consultancy agreements, design and construction contracts and all service contracts.
- Preparing development agreements and related documentation for developments with 100+ residential apartments on Dudley Street, West Melbourne, Smith Street, Collingwood and Warde Street, Footscray.
- Representing institutional developers including Australian Unity, Challenger and AMP in respect of residential, commercial and retail property developments (up to $500m) throughout Australia. This work included preparing and negotiating infrastructure supply contracts and all other project documentation.
- Acting for the ISPT / Cbus joint venture in the development of two office buildings, a hotel and a further building as the successful developer for the South East Stadium Precinct at Docklands which included preparation of Construction Contracts and Consultancy Agreements and negotiation of the Development Agreement.
- Preparing complex project documentation for the EY Building in Melbourne – a $250 million plus project which involved the construction of residential, retail and office space in and above an existing heritage building in the Melbourne CBD.
- Preparing complex project documentation for One40 William Street, Perth – a $300 million plus project which involved the construction of three commercial and retail towers above an existing heritage building in the Perth CBD.
- Acting on behalf of the consortium of financiers in relation to the South Wharf Development, Melbourne, valued at approximately $1 billion.
- Providing advice and preparing construction documentation in relation to the refurbishment and construction of commercial buildings such as Collins Place, 222 Exhibition Street and 600 Bourke Street in Melbourne, 33 Alfred Street and NAB House in Sydney and the Quayside on Mill in Perth.
- Preparing and negotiating all project documentation, including consultancy agreements, construction, service agreements and large scale engineering agreements for the $250m refurbishment of CSR’s Yarraville plant.