We are experienced in acting for a range of clients in the energy and resources sector including utilities, mining and exploration companies and petroleum and LNG companies.
Our cross-practice team cover the following areas:
- Energy Trading: advice on the trading of electricity and gas both on a physical basis and utilising synthetic products, such as derivatives, as well as the trading of environmental products created under the various schemes operating in Australia as well as on an international basis.
- Energy Regulation: advising on the regulation of network revenue, connection to electricity and gas networks and the development of unregulated assets.
- Project Development: advising on the development of energy-related assets from pipelines and transportation related infrastructure such as LNG facilities through to power stations and renewable energy facilities.
- Mining and Resource Projects: advising on issues arising from the exploration and trading of minerals and petroleum products, including the various regimes governing mineral and resource and petroleum (both conventional and unconventional) extraction, project development and the trading of mineral and petroleum products.
- Environment: advice on land contamination, risk allocation, incident management, prosecutions and environmental litigation, environmental site assessment and remediation action plans, environmental and construction management plans.
- Corporate and commercial advice: capital raisings, public offerings and mergers and acquisitions and preparing a range of commercial agreements including joint venture alliances, shareholder, licence and supply and distribution agreements and general contract preparation and negotiation.
- Employment and workplace relations advice: awards, agreements and workplace strategies, industrial relations litigation and immigration advice.
- Dispute resolution and litigation matters