“I found Rebecca to be a very good communicator, exemplified by her ability to succinctly explain complex legal concepts to our technical project team and stakeholders who are predominantly non-legal in their skillsets.” – David Baillie, National Commercial Manager – Zinfra Pty Ltd
Rebecca joined Hall & Wilcox in 2014 as part of our Graduate Program. After completing the program, she moved into the Projects and Property team where she has gained broad experience acting for a variety of clients in both the private and public sectors across all disciplines of construction and property. Her areas of expertise include the preparation of design and construction documents, and construction dispute advice and litigation.
Commercial in her outlook, Rebecca approaches issues from a practical and outcome oriented perspective. She delivers high quality solutions to her clients, embraces change and is always positive. She is a strong and reliable team player and is a highly regarded member of any legal team.
In recognition of her growing expertise, Rebecca was nominated and became a finalist in the 2019 Lawyers Weekly 30 Under 30, in the Real Estate category.
- Acting for and appearing on behalf of a range of clients (including both principals and contractors) in relation to disputes arising out of construction contracts (including security of payment disputes), and the provision of associated advice.
- Acting for Impact Investment Group in respect of the preparation and negotiation of tender documentation, ECI agreements, construction contracts and consultancy agreements for the development and rejuvenation of the Younghusband Industrial Village, a new commercial and retail precinct located in inner Melbourne.
- Acting for and appearing on behalf of Zinfra Pty Ltd in respect of a dispute with Yarra Trams related to the construction and refurbishment of electricity sub-stations. The dispute was resolved via an expert determination process.
- Acting for Generation Healthcare REIT and St John of God in relation to the preparation and negotiation of construction contracts and consultancy agreements for the redevelopment of health infrastructure of State significance.
- Acting on behalf of private and public sector clients in relation to the preparation and negotiation of land access agreements (including leases, options for lease, options for easement, easements and restrictive covenants).
- Acting for one of Victoria’s largest local councils in relation to the compulsory acquisition of land and easements for the development of new residential areas.