Mark specialises in the construction, energy and infrastructure sectors.
His experience includes drafting and negotiating a range of project delivery and procurement documentation including design and construction contracts, BOO/BOOT contracts, equipment supply agreements, operation and maintenance agreements, connection agreements, design services agreements, and other related project agreements.
Mark has experience advising in relation to the contractual and regulatory issues associated with the ownership and operation of electricity, gas and water infrastructure.
Mark’s recent experience as corporate counsel for energy infrastructure owner and operator, Jemena gives Mark a strong understanding of the contractual and regulatory issues arising from the implementation and delivery of infrastructure projects within the energy sector and their day to day operation.
Prior to Jemena, Mark was at Freehills (now Herbert Smith Freehills) for nine years where he advised clients in relation to the project documentation involved in infrastructure projects with a particular focus on the energy, water and PPP sectors.
Mark has been recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Project Finance and Development Practice every year since 2018.
- Advising in relation to a BOOT contract for the delivery of a private electrical transmission line in Queensland.
- Drafting and negotiating connection agreements for embedded electrical generation (including the drafting of a standard embedded generator connection agreement).
- Drafting and negotiating long term outsourcing agreements for construction and maintenance services, and gas metering services.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements for the day to day procurement of equipment, materials, and construction and maintenance services.
- Drafting and negotiating facilities access agreement with NBN Co to allow access to electricity poles to facilitate the NBN roll out.
- Advising in relation to contractual and regulatory issues associated with the ownership and operation of electricity and gas distribution networks.
- Advising in relation to contractual and regulatory issues associated with the ownership and operation of a recycled water project.
- Acting for financiers to the West Kimberley Power Project, Western Australia.
- Acting for the developer of a gas fired power station in the Tamar Valley, Tasmania.
- Acting for the financiers to a processing plant in Western Australia in relation to gas supply disputes and delay issues relating to the project commissioning.
- Acting for the financier to purchaser of Hallett wind farm, South Australia.
- Acting for the purchaser of recycled water project supplying Ballarat and surrounding region.
- Acting for the developer and operator of waste water treatment plants and a re-use water system at Echuca and Rochester, Victoria.
- Acting for a consortium in relation to its bid for the Southern Cross Station Redevelopment.
- Acting for the financiers for the Melbourne Convention Centre PPP.
- Acting for car parts manufacturer in relation to its supply arrangements with an Australian based car maker.