T: +61 3 9603 3568
We have extensive expertise in industrial relations, including:
- providing dispute prevention, management and resolution advice
- enterprise bargaining and conducting negotiations with unions and other representative bodies
- appearing in IR disputes and arbitrations before the Fair Work Commission
- obtaining orders to stop or prevent unlawful industrial action
- advising on large-scale industrial disputes
- obtaining orders in relation to transferring industrial instruments and
- advising in respect to Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and alleged sham contracts.
- Advising clients in the higher education sector on strategies for resolving industrial disputes with the National Tertiary Education Union and the Australian Education Union, and on right of entry issues.
- Advising one of Australia’s leading retail banks on negotiation strategy, preparation and implementation of their enterprise agreement, including active involvement in all negotiations with unions and bargaining representatives.
- Acting for ASX-listed companies in the manufacturing and utility industries in the renegotiation of enterprise agreements, including obtaining an interlocutory injunction in relation to protected action damaging property.
- Obtaining orders from the Fair Work Commission to prevent the transfer of an unwanted enterprise agreement in a ‘transfer of business’ scenario.
- Providing strategic advice to a publicly listed company on the management of union right of entry disputes, and appearing on behalf of the client in the Fair Work Commission in relation to such disputes.
- Advising on protected action ballots, workplace determinations, right of entry and various industrial issues involving multiple unions