Alexandra has experience acting on behalf of and advising both public and private sector clients in a broad range of industries including in the tertiary education, apprenticeship training and retail sectors.
She has experience in a broad range of litigious and non-litigious employment related matters and has a particular interest in employment related dispute resolution matters, including claims brought pursuant to the general protections provisions of the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
- Acting for a large financial institution in connection with a general protections claim brought by an employee in the Federal Court.
- Acting for a Melbourne university in relation to a discrimination complaint brought by a student in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal.
- Acting for a leading registered training organisation in relation to a discrimination complaint in the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission.
- Acting for a Commonwealth licence holder in relation to a major policy and procedures audit which involved updating a large suite of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legislative obligations including in the areas of health and safety, equal employment opportunity, discrimination, workplace bullying and harassment.
- Conducting a modern award audit and reviewing and updating contracts of employment and providing advice in relation to ongoing modern award compliance for a major Australian retailer.
- Providing strategic advice to a major Australian retailer in relation to the termination of a senior designer who was the subject of numerous bullying and harassment complaints by staff