Our expertise in industrial relations includes:
- providing dispute prevention, management and resolution advice
- enterprise bargaining and conducting negotiations with unions and other representative bodies
- appearing in IR disputes and arbitrations before the Fair Work Commission
- obtaining orders to stop or prevent unlawful industrial action
- advising on large-scale industrial disputes
- obtaining orders regarding transferring industrial instruments, and
- advising on Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and alleged sham contracts.
- Advising clients in the higher education sector on strategies for resolving industrial disputes with the National Tertiary Education Union and the Australian Education Union, and on right of entry issues.
- Advising one of Australia’s leading retail banks on negotiation strategy, preparation and implementation of their enterprise agreement, including active involvement in all negotiations with unions and bargaining representatives.
- Acting for ASX-listed companies in the manufacturing and utility industries in the renegotiation of enterprise agreements, including obtaining an interlocutory injunction in relation to protected action damaging property.
- Obtaining orders from the Fair Work Commission to prevent the transfer of an unwanted enterprise agreement in a ‘transfer of business’ scenario.
- Providing strategic advice to a publicly listed company on the management of union right of entry disputes, and appearing on behalf of the client in the Fair Work Commission in relation to such disputes.
- Advising on protected action ballots, workplace determinations, right of entry and various industrial issues involving multiple unions
Thinking| 23 Jan 2019
Our expertise in industrial relations includes: providing dispute prevention, management and resolution advice enterprise bargaining and conducting negotiations with unions and other representative bodies appearing in IR disputes and arbitrations before the Fair Work Commission obtaining orders to stop or prevent unlawful industrial action advising on large-scale industrial disputes obtaining orders regarding transferring industrial instruments, […]
Thinking| 27 Sep 2016
In any unfair dismissal matter, the Fair Work Commission must consider whether or not there was a valid reason for termination based on the dismissed employee’s capacity or conduct.