Our expertise in industrial relations includes:
- providing dispute prevention, management and resolution advice;
- enterprise bargaining and conducting negotiations with unions and other representative bodies;
- appearing in IR disputes and arbitrations before the Fair Work Commission;
- obtaining orders to stop or prevent unlawful industrial action;
- advising on large-scale industrial disputes;
- obtaining orders regarding transferring industrial instruments; and
- advising on Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and alleged sham contracts.
- Advising clients in the higher education sector on strategies for resolving industrial disputes with the National Tertiary Education Union and the Australian Education Union, and on right of entry issues.
- Advising one of Australia’s leading retail banks on negotiation strategy, preparation and implementation of their enterprise agreement, including active involvement in all negotiations with unions and bargaining representatives.
- Acting for ASX-listed companies in the manufacturing and utility industries in the renegotiation of enterprise agreements, including obtaining an interlocutory injunction in relation to protected action damaging property.
- Obtaining orders from the Fair Work Commission to prevent the transfer of an unwanted enterprise agreement in a ‘transfer of business’ scenario.
- Providing strategic advice to a publicly listed company on the management of union right of entry disputes, and appearing on behalf of the client in the Fair Work Commission in relation to such disputes.
- Advising on protected action ballots, workplace determinations, right of entry and various industrial issues involving multiple unions
Employment & Workplace Relations| 13 Feb 2024
This legislation aims to address the growing concerns surrounding work-life balance. We break down all the essential information for employers.
Employment & Workplace Relations| 05 Feb 2024
The visa landscape in Australia underwent significant shifts in 2023 under the Labor government, with more on the horizon in 2024.
Employment & Workplace Relations| 18 Jan 2024
The streamlined Fair Work Amendment (Closing Loopholes) Bill 2023 unexpectedly passed Parliament ahead of schedule on 7 December 2023. We provide an overview of these changes.
Employment & Workplace Relations| 15 Dec 2023
The use, supply and manufacture of all engineered stone will be prohibited, in most jurisdictions from 1 July 2024, following a meeting of Workplace Relations and Work Health and Safety Ministers.