Our expertise in industrial relations includes:
- providing dispute prevention, management and resolution advice;
- enterprise bargaining and conducting negotiations with unions and other representative bodies;
- appearing in IR disputes and arbitrations before the Fair Work Commission;
- obtaining orders to stop or prevent unlawful industrial action;
- advising on large-scale industrial disputes;
- obtaining orders regarding transferring industrial instruments; and
- advising on Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and alleged sham contracts.
- Advising clients in the higher education sector on strategies for resolving industrial disputes with the National Tertiary Education Union and the Australian Education Union, and on right of entry issues.
- Advising one of Australia’s leading retail banks on negotiation strategy, preparation and implementation of their enterprise agreement, including active involvement in all negotiations with unions and bargaining representatives.
- Acting for ASX-listed companies in the manufacturing and utility industries in the renegotiation of enterprise agreements, including obtaining an interlocutory injunction in relation to protected action damaging property.
- Obtaining orders from the Fair Work Commission to prevent the transfer of an unwanted enterprise agreement in a ‘transfer of business’ scenario.
- Providing strategic advice to a publicly listed company on the management of union right of entry disputes, and appearing on behalf of the client in the Fair Work Commission in relation to such disputes.
- Advising on protected action ballots, workplace determinations, right of entry and various industrial issues involving multiple unions
Employment & Workplace Relations| 19 May 2022
The Fair Work Commission Full Bench is in favour of providing a modern award entitlement to 10 days’ paid family and domestic violence leave.
Employment & Workplace Relations| 11 May 2022
Partner Alison Baker and Special Counsel Julian Hammond discuss how education providers are recovering from the pandemic.
Employment & Workplace Relations| 05 May 2022
While a recent decision of the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia highlights that the scope of a workplace right remains unsettled, the decision is not yet cause for alarm.
Employment & Workplace Relations| 05 Apr 2022
We look at the implications of the Opposition’s 2022-23 Budget Reply announcements for employers if Labor wins government at the federal election in May.