'Mark Dunphy [if its complex and high risk, clients call him]. – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017
Mark’s practice encompasses both litigious and non-litigious applications of employment and industrial relations law.
Mark is skilled in dealing with matters involving: industrial disputes and their implications; drafting and advising on enterprise agreements; award interpretation and ramifications; providing advice and acting in litigious matters regarding terminations, employee discipline, unfair dismissals, adverse action claims, common law disputes, equal opportunity, discrimination and sexual harassment claims; providing advice on the effect of legislative change on businesses; drafting and advising on employment contracts and employment audits; and employment-related areas of due diligence.
Mark is listed in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Labour and Employment Law every year since 2014 and as a recommended employment lawyer in Victoria in Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession for the last four years.
- Preparing submissions to the Productivity Commission inquiry into the Workplace Relations Framework on behalf of a large national industry body.
- Advising on the impact of matters arising from the Royal Commission into Trade Union Governance and Corruption.
- Acting for a national manufacturing client in relation to redundancy entitlements arising from a relocation.
- Acting for a national retailer in preparing contracts for executive and senior staff.
- Acting for a retail chain with around 50 stores in Victoria and Tasmania in drafting and rolling out enterprise agreements to all stores.
- Advising many public sector organisations, and listed and private companies, on how to minimise exposure on the termination of senior employees.