Iona has experience in assisting clients with both litigious and non-litigious employment and workplace relations matters.
She advises her clients on employment rights and obligations, workplace investigations, contracts of employment, employee claims, and termination of employment including redundancy.
Iona also advises on the application and operation of industrial instruments, and conducts workplace training including on discrimination, bullying, and sexual harassment.
Iona is a member of the Law Institute of Victoria, and regularly presents at client seminars and workshops.
- Advising clients in relation to employment law including restructuring and redundancies, managing poor performance and misconduct, termination of employment for poor performance and misconduct, and post-employment restraints and confidentiality obligations.
- Advising employers in relation to compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), modern awards, and enterprise agreements.
- Advising employers in relation to the management of sick and injured employees.
- Appearing for employers in conciliations of unfair dismissal claims and general protections claims in the Fair Work Commission.
- Advising employers in relation to claims in the Federal Circuit Court including general protections claims and claims of underpayment of modern award and of enterprise agreement entitlements.
- Drafting, and advising employers on, contracts of employment.
- Advising employers in relation to workplace investigations.
- Advising companies in relation to engaging independent contractors, including drafting independent contractor agreements and providing advice as to the risks of sham contracting.
- Advising in relation to all aspects of the implementation of enterprise agreements, including drafting enterprise agreements, and dealing with scope order applications, good faith bargaining issues, and protected industrial action against and by employer clients.
- Advising companies in relation to the employment aspects of transfer of business, including a large national employer purchasing a business run by joint venture involving two employing entities and two enterprise agreements.