'The team includes the "very shrewd and knowledgeable" Aaron Dearden.' – The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017
Aaron has extensive employment and industrial relations law experience working with clients across a range of industries.
Specifically, Aaron specialises in enterprise bargaining, industrial strategies and disputes, disciplinary and performance matters, independent contractor claims, corporate restructuring and outsourcing, managing ill and injured workers, breach of contract claims, and enforcement of restraints of trade.
Aaron acts for prominent Australian and international companies. His experience spans many industries including, in particular, transport, mining, and manufacturing. Aaron also regularly appears as an advocate for employer clients in employment-related litigation such as unfair dismissal and adverse action claims in courts and tribunals.
Aaron provides pragmatic cost effective advice for clients.
Aaron has been recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Labour and Employment Law every year since 2016.
- Advising and appearing on behalf of a number of employers in unfair dismissal conciliations, arbitrations and general protections claims in the Fair Work Commission.
- Advising on employment law issues associated with asset sale agreements and transfer of businesses.
- Advising a multinational corporation regarding the enforcement of post contract restraints against a contractor and its employees including its rights to delete confidential information from the contractors’ IT systems.
- Advising and acting for employers against former employees in relation to the misuse of confidential information.
- Acting for a large operator of privately owned correctional facilities defending adverse actions claims in the Federal Court.
- Advising a number of clients on workplace investigations involving bullying and harassment.
- Advising clients on the application and interpretation of enterprise agreements.
- Advising and representing clients in relation to enforcing and defending restraints of trade in various states around Australia.
- Advising clients in relation to the negotiation of enterprise agreements and associated action.
- Advising and appearing on behalf of a number of employers in unfair dismissal conciliations and arbitrations in the Fair Work Commission.
- Advising on employment law issues associated with asset sale agreements and transfers of businesses.
- Advising a large Australian manufacturer in relation to a workplace accident resulting in the loss of limbs and likely prosecution under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (NSW).
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020Recommended – Labour and Employment
Best Lawyers in Australia 2016-2022Partner – Labour and Employment Law
Doyle's Guide to the Australian Legal Profession 2020Employment Lawyers – Employer Representation (New South Wales)
Employment & Workplace Relations | 12 Oct 2021
Victoria's new COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions impose obligations on employers in Victoria about the vaccination of certain workers. Fines may be imposed for non-compliance or the provision of false information.