Jarrad is an experienced employment lawyer who regularly advises clients in the professional services, financial services, start-up, disability and aged care, manufacturing, retail and recruitment industries.
Jarrad is experienced across all aspects of employment and industrial relations and regularly assists clients with both transactional and litigious matters. His areas of expertise include employment related aspects of corporate transactions, defending against unfair dismissals, general protections and discrimination claims, complex workplace investigations, and employment related policies, employment agreements and independent contractor agreements.
- Assisting clients with, and advising clients on, employment related issues arising from corporate transactions.
- Appearing for employers in conciliations for unfair dismissal claims and general protections claims in the Fair Work Commission.
- Advising employers in relation to claims in the Federal Circuit Court including general protections claims and underpayment claims.
- Preparing employment related documents, including policies, employment contracts and independent contractor agreements.
- Assisting employers with managing ill and injured employees.
- Advising employers in relation to risks associated with engaging independent contractors.
- Assisting a company in successfully defeating an appeal by a prominent union seeking to invalidate a decision to approve an enterprise agreement.
- Assisting a company with terminating an enterprise agreement following an acquisition.
- Assisting clients with successfully negotiating enterprise agreements.