Whether formal or informal, any relationship in pursuit of common commercial goals is likely to be complicated and prone to exploitation.
Our team understands this and advises clients on the most appropriate vehicle to generate mutual benefits and deliver on their strategic and operational needs, while minimising risk exposure.
Sometimes this involves formalising complex joint venture or alliance arrangements to help our clients align with other companies to achieve a competitive advantage. This can involve issues ranging from manufacturing, distribution and R&D to product/services development and operating efficiencies.
We also assist with partnerships structures, shareholder/unitholder agreements and related arrangements, spanning closely held private companies to large public and private equity vehicles.
We advise on all aspects of transaction structuring, and negotiate and settle joint venture and alliance agreements. We also advise on associated arrangements, including supply, distribution, agency, franchising and licence agreements.
- Acting for ipac (Australia) in its alliance with ipac (South Africa), including use of its IP, the ipac system and financial services arrangements.
- Acting for AXA Asia Pacific in alliance arrangements with various financial planning and accounting firms.
- Acting for UNIGAS in an alliance with Midas and Sprint Gas regarding installation of LPG kits.
- Acting for national accounting firm Moore Stephens Australia in reviewing the international and Australian membership terms.
- Acting for a major national retail chain in various ownership joint ventures.
- Acting for Monash College Group (a subsidiary of Monash University) in various alliance agreements regarding inbound and outbound internship, homestay arrangements and various relationship agreements between international universities.
- Acting for a major dairy wholesaler in joint venture and supply arrangements with National Foods.