James has more than 8 years of experience working across a broad range of general commercial transactions and arrangements, including acting in mergers, acquisitions and restructures and drafting general commercial agreements such as shareholders and unit holders agreements, joint venture agreements and supply/distribution agreements. Areas of particular focus in James’ current practice are private mergers and acquisitions and advising start-ups.
In 2013, James completed an internship with New York based law firm Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler, where he gained U.S. capital markets experience, acting in a number of large debt and equity transactions.
James is admitted to the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Acting for Fluence Corporation Limited on its $75 million acquisition of a large privately held US company with a global business in the wastewater treatment industry.
- Acting for Note Printing Australia in relation to various supply arrangement locally and internationally
- Acting for Liberty Oil in respect of its recent acquisition of an Australian fuel wholesaler.
- Acting for the management shareholders of two IOOF subsidiaries in the sale of their shares to LSE and ASX listed investment company, Henderson Global Investors.
- Acting for the Australian distributor of Sonos products in the sale of its shares to US company, Sonos, Inc.
- Acting on a number of transactions for Boom Logistics Limited as part of the divestment of certain parts of its business.
- Acting for REA Group Limited / Realestate.com.au in respect of its acquisition of online property platform, PropConnect.
- Acting on the restructure of Australia’s largest privately owned construction company.
- Acting in the merger between Global Spill Control and Perth Petroleum Services, forming Australia’s largest manufacturer and supplier of chemical and oil spill equipment.
- Internship with New York based law firm Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler: acting for Citibank in various large debt and equity transactions, including the listings of Chinese company 58.COM and German company Voxeljet on the New York Stock Exchange.