Mark has a broad range of experience in corporate and commercial practice areas, with a particular focus on the sports and media industries.
Mark’s practice primarily focuses on:
- mergers and acquisitions and drafting of associated documentation;
- sporting event commercialisation, including structuring advice and the drafting of agreements dealing with licensing, venue hire and procurement;
- intellectual property commercialisation, including intellectual property licensing and technology licensing agreements;
- advising clients on all aspects of corporate governance and structuring (including directors’ duties and related party transactions);
- drafting and advising on general commercial agreements; and
- advising clients on regulatory and statutory compliance issues.
Mark has acted for clients of all sizes, including major listed and private companies, family businesses, sporting organisations, and athletes.
Mark is a Recommended Lawyer in Legal 500 for media and entertainment. He was previously the independent director on the board of Speedway Australia.
- Acting for some of Australia’s largest sporting bodies on the sale of their television and digital media rights worth billions of dollars in value.
- Advising a large venue owner and operator in respect of the sale of the naming rights for their stadium.
- Negotiating sponsorship and marketing arrangements for prominent sporting teams and national sporting organisations.
- Advising on the arrangements for the management and commercialisation of an esport competition.
- Acting for a client on their acquisition of a leading Australian talent management and sports marketing business.
- Advising a large family owned Austrian energy company on their acquisition of an Australian electrical equipment provider.
- Advising a large truck manufacturer in relation to its procurement and supply arrangements.
- Advising a brewery on all aspects of its operations, including capital raising, brewing contracts and supply contracts.
- Advising on a proposed corporate restructuring for a national sporting organisation.
Law Institute of Victoria – Legal AwardsHighly Commended, Rogers Legal Writing Award
- Australian and New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA)
Thinking | 12 Sep 2019
In late August 2019 Victorian and Western Australian police executed search warrants and arrested six people in relation to suspicious betting activity relating to esports matches...