Mark has a broad range of experience in corporate and commercial practice areas, with a particular focus on the sports and media industries.
Mark’s practice primarily focuses on mergers and acquisitions and drafting of associated documentation, sporting event commercialisation, including structuring advice and the drafting of agreements dealing with licensing, venue hire and procurement, intellectual property commercialisation, including intellectual property licensing and technology licensing agreements, advising clients on all aspects of corporate governance and structuring (including directors’ duties and related party transactions), drafting and advising on general commercial agreements and advising clients on regulatory and statutory compliance issues.
Mark has acted for clients of all sizes, including major listed and private companies, family businesses, sporting organisations, and athletes.
He is a member of the Australian and New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA) and was previously the independent director on the board of Speedway Australia.
- Acting for some of Australia’s largest sporting bodies on the sale of their television and digital media rights worth billions of dollars in value.
- Advising a large venue owner and operator in respect of the sale of the naming rights for their stadium.
- Negotiating sponsorship and marketing arrangements for prominent sporting teams and national sporting organisations.
- Advising on the arrangements for the management and commercialisation of an esport competition.
- Acting for a client on their acquisition of a leading Australian talent management and sports marketing business.
- Advising a large family owned Austrian energy company on their acquisition of an Australian electrical equipment provider.
- Advising a large truck manufacturer in relation to its procurement and supply arrangements.
- Advising a brewery on all aspects of its operations, including capital raising, brewing contracts and supply contracts.
- Advising on a proposed corporate restructuring for a national sporting organisation.