Our mergers and acquisitions team is widely recognised for their understanding and appreciation of the value drivers in public and private M&A transactions, particularly in middle market deals.
We advise on the full range of issues arising out of M&A transactions. Our in-depth understanding of medium to large enterprises, and the regulatory framework in which they operate, enables us to provide real value when advising on divestments or acquisitions for between $5 million and $100 million.
Since these transactions are often complex and attract significant tax consequences for those involved, we draw on the skills of our leading corporate tax advisers to develop innovative business structures that help transition the sale and meet our clients’ commercial objectives.
- Acting for APN Property Group on the ASX-listing of Industria REIT, which also involved the acquisition of fund management rights from Australand.
- Acting for REA Group in its A$15m acquisition of 1Form Online, operator of market leading rental application service, 1Form.com.
- Acting for a private consortium on the acquisition of the Melbourne Storm NRL franchise from former owners, News Corporation Limited.
- Acting for Einhell Germany AG on its €33m acquisition of Ozito Industries Pty Ltd, a manufacturer and distributor of power tools in Australia and New Zealand.
- Acting for IOOF on the acquisition of four financial planning businesses and the security-holder arrangements to apply to the combined businesses after the acquisitions.
- Acting for a private consortium led by sports entrepreneur, Bart Campbell, in the acquisition of the Melbourne Heart A-League franchise.
- Acting for Arena Investment Management Limited on the A$300m merger by stapling of Arena REIT (unlisted) and Sydney HealthCare Trust (SHCT) to form a new group listed on the ASX.
- Acting for Sweeney Research in its acquisition by big four professional services firm, Ernst & Young.
- Acting for O2 Networks on its full acquisition by Telstra.
- Advising Austrian based Knill Gruppe on its acquisition of an Australian company.
- Acting for wealth management firm OneVue in its acquisition of investment manager Select Asset Management.
- Acting for ASX-listed insurance company, Calliden Group Limited, on its acquisition by way of a members’ scheme of arrangement worth approximately A$105m involving ASX-listed insurance firm, Steadfast Group Ltd, and Munich Re.
- Acting for the seller of the ‘Educating Kids’ early education and childcare products business in its approx. A$11 million sale to international educational resources company Modern Star.