Jacqui has extensive experience in a wide range of corporate and commercial legal transactions.
In the corporate space, Jacqui regularly advises and assists clients with mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring, corporate compliance and governance, capital raisings and managed investment schemes. In the commercial space, Jacqui assists clients with day-to-day legal issues affecting their business including supply arrangements, licensing arrangements, protection and commercialisation of intellectual property, manufacturing and distribution arrangements, consultancy arrangements, terms and conditions and privacy and confidentiality issues.
Jacqui also advises franchisor clients on compliance with the Franchising Code of conduct, preparation and negotiation of Franchise Agreements and Master Franchise Agreements and preparation of all related franchise documents, including all disclosure documents.
Jacqui’s down-to-earth and practical, commercial advice is valued by her clients. She is very solution-orientated and understands the importance of achieving her clients' business and commercial objectives as well as meeting legal requirements.
Jacqui is a Fellow of the Australian Governance Institute, a member of the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association, the Licensing Executive Society of Australia and New Zealand and the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- Advising clients on complex capital raising transactions for the entity raising the capital and for investors.
- Providing advice on all issues pertaining to corporate structure, including pursuit of growth strategies by way of rollover transactions, undertaking intergroup restructures, and advising on asset protection strategies for large corporate groups.
- Acting on a wide range of mergers and acquisitions ranging from values ranging from $1m right up through to values exceeding $100m.
- Advising venture capital funds and targets of venture capital funds on investments including providing strategic advice, due diligence support, and preparation and negotiation of all investment documents.
- Advising on and preparing documentation for joint ventures including shareholder agreements and security holder agreements, and all related buy/sell documents.
- Advising clients on corporate governance issues relating to directors duties and shareholder rights, conduct of meetings, capital raising, rights issues.
- As a qualified Company Secretary, providing advice and assistance on a wide range of complex corporate governance issues affecting private and public companies and entities operating in the government sector.
- Providing strategic advice to clients on all matters pertaining to commercialisation of IP including the identifying and securing ownership of key intellectual assets and preparation and negotiating of licensing arrangements of intellectual assets.
- Assisting clients in the not for profit sector, on all matters pertaining to their operation including corporate governance, supply chain, procurement and M&A.
- Reviewing and advising on commercial contracts and negotiation of same for the purpose of supply chain management, procurement and outsourcing arrangements and distribution arrangements.
- Advising on and preparing documents for registered and unregistered managed investment schemes.
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020-2023Recommended – Corporate law, Mergers and acquisitions
Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards 2019Finalist – Deal maker of the year
Education & Training | 17 Oct 2023
Federal Government reforms have cracked down on onshore vocational education and training programs, making it more difficult for students to transfer from universities to colleges.