Jacqui has extensive experience in a wide range of corporate and commercial legal transactions.
In the corporate space, Jacqui regularly advises and assists clients with mergers and acquisitions, corporate structuring, corporate compliance and governance, capital raisings and managed investment schemes. In the commercial space, Jacqui assists clients with day-to-day legal issues affecting their business including supply arrangements, licensing arrangements, protection and commercialisation of intellectual property, manufacturing and distribution arrangements, consultancy arrangements, terms and conditions and privacy and confidentiality issues.
Jacqui also advises franchisor clients on compliance with the Franchising Code of conduct, preparation and negotiation of Franchise Agreements and Master Franchise Agreements and preparation of all related franchise documents, including all disclosure documents.
Jacqui’s down-to-earth and practical, commercial advice is valued by her clients. She is very solution-orientated and understands the importance of achieving her clients' business and commercial objectives as well as meeting legal requirements.
Jacqui is a Fellow of the Australian Governance Institute, a member of the Australian Corporate Lawyers Association, the Licensing Executive Society of Australia and New Zealand and the Intellectual Property Society of Australia and New Zealand.
- Reviewing and advising on commercial contracts and negotiation of same
- Acting on a wide range of mergers and acquisitions ranging from values ranging from $1m right up through to values exceeding $100m
- Advising on and preparing documents for buying and selling shares and units in private companies and unit trusts
- Preparing and negotiating shareholder agreements and unitholder agreements
- Advising on and preparing documentation for joint ventures
- Preparing all documents to record restructures of corporate groups
- Advising clients on corporate governance issues relating to directors duties and shareholder rights, conduct of meetings, capital raising, rights issues
- Advising on and drafting documents pertaining to contractor or consultancy arrangements
- Preparing and negotiating documents to record the transfer or licensing of intellectual property
- Advising on, and drafting, terms and conditions of trade
- Advising on employee equity plans
- Significant experience in advising not-for-profits in the education and childcare industries including corporate governance issues but also all matter of contractual and licensing arrangements that they have in place
- Advising on and preparing documents for registered and unregistered managed investment schemes.
Awards and recognition
The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020-2021Recommended – Corporate law, Mergers and acquisitions
Lawyers Weekly Women in Law Awards 2019Finalist – Deal maker of the year
Corporate & Commercial | 3 May 2021
President Biden's first 100 days: impact on Australian companies and investors and US companies doing business in Australia
What have President Biden’s first 100 days in office meant for Australian companies and investors, and for US companies doing business in Australia? We take a look.