Oliver is a Corporate Partner, whose practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, corporate advisory, divestments, foreign investments and start-up capital raising.
He has particular expertise in cross-border transactions advising foreign clients on their legal needs in Australia and how to enter the Australian market. Oliver’s practice also comprises drafting a range of commercial agreements including shareholders and distribution agreements and advising on IT contracts.
Oliver is the current President of European Business, an international business networking organisation which seeks to promote trade and investment between Europe and Australia. Oliver also sits on the board of SwissCham and is a premium partner of the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
He is also a member of our European desk, advising European companies on transactions in Australia.
Oliver is recommended in the 2020 edition of the Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Advised India based Tata Consumer Products, on the divestment of its MAP out-of-home coffee business in Australia. Oliver advised on all legal aspects of the transaction, including negotiating terms, drafting the transaction documents and assisting with post-completion matters.
- Advised the co-founders of Quad Lock, a global leader in designing and manufacturing smartphone mounting systems, on the sale of a majority interest in their company to Quadrant Growth Fund. This involved advice on all aspects of the transaction, including legal due diligence, deal structuring, and negotiating the sale agreement and the shareholders’ deed for the ongoing management of the business.
- Advised German listed company Sto Group on all corporate aspects of their acquisition of Australian based Unitex Group.
- Assisting Sealed Air Corporation (NYSE: SEE) in relation to the Australian aspects of the USD$3.2 billion sale of Sealed Air’s Diversey Care division and the food hygiene and cleaning business to global private investment firm, Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Advising Austrian based Knill Group on their acquisition of an Australian company.
- Advising Einhell Germany AG on their acquisition of the Ozito group of companies.
- Advising the WAGO Group on an acquisition of a company in Australia.
- Advising Inabox Group on their acquisition of listed telecommunication and IT company Anittel Group Limited.
- Advising Boost Juice founders Janine and Jeff Allis in the sale of a majority stake in Boost Investment Group to US-based private equity firm The Riverside Company.
- Acting for the Sellers of the Sweeney Research Group on the sale of the Group to Ernst & Young.
- Assisting a Fintech start up with different rounds of capital raising.
- Advising a German luxury car manufacturer on various commercial matters.
- Acting on the restructure of Australia’s largest privately owned construction company.
- Acting for Intershop Communications AG, a German based eCommerce software provider, in the entering into of major IT contracts with various clients including Telstra and Australia Post.