'[Oliver Jankowsky] did a very nice job of providing fast access to subject matter experts who took a pragmatic, in-house friendly approach to the work--good lawyering that addressed the issues at hand, without "overlawyering" when none was needed.' – Vincent Castiglione, Assistant General Counsel Tata Consumer Products US.
‘I would like to thank Oliver Jankowsky, Mark Lebbon and Hall & Wilcox for achieving such great results despite the very tight schedule. Your lead in respect of the M&A process in Australia has been economic, practical and effective.’ – Markus Heidenbauer, CFO Knill Group.
‘We very much appreciated the hands-on approach of Oliver and his team. They provided great advice related to the complex shareholder structure and also for the specific medical-related issues that came up during the deal.’ – Dr Ulrich Müller, Auctus in-house counsel.
‘Working with Oliver, Chevi and the broader Hall & Wilcox team was great, as we always felt they had our best interest in mind. The deal was done during lockdown and the Hall & Wilcox team didn't miss a beat adapting to the changing conditions.’ – Rob Ward, Co-founder Quad Lock.
Oliver is a Corporate Partner, whose practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, corporate advisory, divestments, foreign investments and start-up capital raising.
He has particular expertise in cross-border transactions advising foreign clients on their legal needs in Australia and how to enter the Australian market. Oliver’s practice also comprises drafting a range of commercial agreements including shareholders and distribution agreements and advising on IT contracts.
Oliver is the current President of European Business, an international business networking organisation which seeks to promote trade and investment between Europe and Australia. Oliver also sits on the board of SwissCham and is a member of the German-Australian Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
He is also a member of our European desk, advising European companies on transactions in Australia.
Oliver is recommended in the 2022 edition of the Legal 500 Asia Pacific.
- Advised Deluxe Small Business Sales, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of NYSE-listed Deluxe Corporation, on the sale of all its shares in Hostopia Australia Holding Co Pty Ltd to Newfold Digital, Inc.
- Advised UK-headquartered international architectural practice Weston Williamson + Partners on the Australian aspects of the company’s sale to major consulting and engineering group Egis.
- Assisted German headquartered Putzmeister Group on their acquisition of Australian-based CPE Machinery.
- Advised leading essential oil supplier Australian Botanical Products on its acquisition by IXOM, a multinational water treatment and chemical distribution company.
- Advised India based Tata Consumer Products, on the divestment of its MAP out-of-home coffee business in Australia. Oliver advised on all legal aspects of the transaction, including negotiating terms, drafting the transaction documents and assisting with post-completion matters.
- Advised private equity owned PharmaLex GmbH on its acquisition of a majority interest in Australian health science consultancy Brandwood CKC.
- Advised sports video game maker Big Ant Studios on its €35 million acquisition by French-based company Nacon SA. Oliver negotiated all transaction documents and worked with French law firm Fidal to advise the client on a memorandum of understanding involving Free Shares – the French equivalent to the Australian Employee Share Option Plan (ESOP).
- Advised the co-founders of Quad Lock, a global leader in designing and manufacturing smartphone mounting systems, on the sale of a majority interest in their company to Quadrant Growth Fund. This involved advice on all aspects of the transaction, including legal due diligence, deal structuring, and negotiating the sale agreement and the shareholders’ deed for the ongoing management of the business.
- Advised German listed company Sto Group on all corporate aspects of their acquisition of Australian based Unitex Group.
- Assisting Sealed Air Corporation (NYSE: SEE) in relation to the Australian aspects of the USD$3.2 billion sale of Sealed Air’s Diversey Care division and the food hygiene and cleaning business to global private investment firm, Bain Capital Private Equity.
- Advising Austrian based Knill Group on their acquisition of an Australian company.
- Advising Einhell Germany AG on their acquisition of the Ozito group of companies.
- Advising Inabox Group on their acquisition of listed telecommunication and IT company Anittel Group Limited.
- Advising Boost Juice founders Janine and Jeff Allis in the sale of a majority stake in Boost Investment Group to US-based private equity firm The Riverside Company.
- Acting on the restructure of Australia’s largest privately owned construction company.