The property and the construction sectors continue to prosper in Australia with ongoing interest from Australian and overseas investors. With these types of investments often being complex and high structured, experienced legal support is a necessary for all parties involved.
Hall & Wilcox’s Banking and finance team have a high level of experience advising borrowers, lenders, funds and other participants on transactions. We understand the legal and regulatory requirements, bringing together expertise in tax, property and construction to provide a multidisciplinary response to every matter.
- Acting for APN Property Group and Newmark Capital in a $52m joint venture in the private purchase and redevelopment of the Lindcombe Power Centre in Sydney’s western suburbs, set to be valued at $120m and the associated $50m debt funding for the development.
- Advising Austpac Funds Management on a bilateral loan facility with Commonwealth Bank of Australia for a real estate investment trust.
- Acting for Newmark Capital on a bilateral facility with Commonwealth Bank of Australia for commercial property in Chadstone.
- Acting for Pacific Retail REIT on a $175m syndicated facility agreement.
- Acting for China Construction Bank (CCB) on numerous real property acquisitions valued up to $100m, including the refinancing of Chanel’s flagship.