Our banking and finance team provides commercial and pragmatic solutions for structured finance and leasing.
We advise on:
- lease finance transactions, including operating and finance lease structures;
- debt finance structures for assets, where the debt is syndicated or provided under a bilateral facility;
- Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA); and
- transactions involving a diverse range of assets, including ships, aircraft, rolling stock, mining assets and vehicles.
The team is supported by the firm’s dispute resolution and litigation practice, which has considerable experience in enforcement and recovery processes.
- Advising a leading commodities handler on a $50m operating lease financing for rolling stock with Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- Advising Caterpillar Financial on the application of the PPSA to various asset finance transactions.
- Advising Boom Logistics on general hiring, and the sale and purchase of cranes.
- Advising LeasePlan Australia on fleet leasing of vehicles in Australia.
- Advising Shell on the fleet leasing arrangements for its tankers and other vehicles.
- Advising Allco Finance Group on the structured finance of ten locomotives for the Australian subsidiary of a US locomotive manufacturer.
Nick has 21 years’ experience acting for Australian and international financiers and borrowers in corporate finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and general finance across a range of sectors including financial services, property, health, social and affordable housing and technology.
Banking & Finance| 23 Sep 2021
In this edition, we consider the final breach reporting regulatory guide, electronic execution and virtual meetings legislation, judicial commentary in relation to an AFS licensee’s supervisory arrangements, and much more.
Banking & Finance| 13 Sep 2021
ASIC has now published its updated and final guidance on the new breach reporting regime for AFS and credit licensees that will apply from 1 October 2021.
Banking & Finance| 30 Aug 2021
In this update, we explore the changes that financial services businesses can expect to see in ASIC’s approach to exercising its investigative and enforcement functions and powers.
Banking & Finance| 24 Aug 2021
In this edition, we consider proposed DDO reforms, temporary relief to permit electronic disclosures and virtual meetings, updates to superannuation portfolio holdings disclosure, and much more.
Our clients include APN Funds Management, Boom Logistics, Caterpillar Financial, Dennis Family Corporation, LeasePlan Australia, Loscam Limited, Oxford Funding, Rabobank Australia, Rural Finance, Sandhurst Trustees, Bank of Melbourne and Westpac.