Our banking and finance team provides commercial and pragmatic solutions for structured finance and leasing.
We advise on:
- lease finance transactions, including operating and finance lease structures
- debt finance structures for assets, where the debt is syndicated or provided under a bilateral facility
- Personal Property Securities Act (PPSA), and
- transactions involving a diverse range of assets, including ships, aircraft, rolling stock, mining assets and vehicles.
The team is supported by the firm’s dispute resolution and litigation practice, which has considerable experience in enforcement and recovery processes.
- Advising a leading commodities handler on a $50m operating lease financing for rolling stock with Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- Advising Caterpillar Financial on the application of the PPSA to various asset finance transactions.
- Advising Boom Logistics on general hiring, and the sale and purchase of cranes.
- Advising LeasePlan Australia on fleet leasing of vehicles in Australia.
- Advising Shell on the fleet leasing arrangements for its tankers and other vehicles.
- Advising Allco Finance Group on the structured finance of ten locomotives for the Australian subsidiary of a US locomotive manufacturer.
Nick has 19 years’ experience acting for Australian and international financiers and borrowers in corporate finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and general finance across a range of sectors including financial services, property and technology.
Our clients include APN Funds Management, Boom Logistics, Caterpillar Financial, Dennis Family Corporation, LeasePlan Australia, Loscam Limited, Oxford Funding, Rabobank Australia, Rural Finance, Sandhurst Trustees, Bank of Melbourne and Westpac.