Our banking and finance team has extensive experience advising lenders and borrowers in a wide range of corporate and acquisition finance matters.
We apply our deep understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes to advise on debt and equity financing, and all types of loan facilities and related security structures.
We advise across the whole lifecycle of a transaction and tap into broader expertise throughout the firm, including corporate and tax, to provide a multidisciplinary solution for all transactions.
- Acting for a mezzanine subscriber for notes in a warehouse trust established by RESIMAC to acquire more than $300m of mortgage loans currently funded by RHG.
- Advising Westpac Banking Corporation on a $30m refinancing for a global tourism operator.
- Advising the Dyson Group of Companies on the acquisition finance of two Melbourne bus groups and refinancing of all its existing debt.
- Acting for APN Funds Management on a restructure of debt and sell down of assets for its European funds, with a combined debt of more than €490m.
- Advising APN Funds Management on $170m senior and mezzanine syndicated loan facilities with National Australia Bank and Gresham Property Funds Management.
Nick has 21 years’ experience acting for Australian and international financiers and borrowers in corporate finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and general finance across a range of sectors including financial services, property, health, social and affordable housing and technology.
Banking & Finance| 21 Dec 2021
In this edition, we consider a case on misleading or deceptive marketing practices for a credit fund, the Government’s response to payments reviews and payment reforms, and much more.
Banking & Finance| 26 Nov 2021
In this edition, we consider ASIC’s new guidance on cryto-asset licensing and market regulation, new and updated APRA FAQs on a range of matters and a suite of ASX regulatory updates, and much more.
Banking & Finance| 22 Oct 2021
A quick reminder that Directors can apply for a Director Identification Number (DIN) from 1 November 2021, and existing directors must have applied for a number by 30 November 2021.
Banking & Finance| 19 Oct 2021
The NSW Government has announced $183 million in new funding for social housing. The funding aims to fast-track much needed new social housing properties across NSW and support post-COVID economic recovery.