Our banking and finance team has extensive experience advising lenders and borrowers in a wide range of corporate and acquisition finance matters.
We apply our deep understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes to advise on debt and equity financing, and all types of loan facilities and related security structures.
We advise across the whole lifecycle of a transaction and tap into broader expertise throughout the firm, including corporate and tax, to provide a multidisciplinary solution for all transactions.
- Acting for a mezzanine subscriber for notes in a warehouse trust established by RESIMAC to acquire more than $300m of mortgage loans currently funded by RHG.
- Advising Westpac Banking Corporation on a $30m refinancing for a global tourism operator.
- Advising the Dyson Group of Companies on the acquisition finance of two Melbourne bus groups and refinancing of all its existing debt.
- Acting for APN Funds Management on a restructure of debt and sell down of assets for its European funds, with a combined debt of more than €490m.
- Advising APN Funds Management on $170m senior and mezzanine syndicated loan facilities with National Australia Bank and Gresham Property Funds Management.
Nick has 21 years’ experience acting for Australian and international financiers and borrowers in corporate finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and general finance across a range of sectors including financial services, property, health, social and affordable housing and technology.
Banking & Finance| 07 Jul 2021
Virtual and hybrid meetings, electronic distribution of meeting materials and the electronic execution of company documents may be permanently enshrined under new legislation.
Banking & Finance| 02 Jul 2021
In this bumper edition, we report on the extension of transitional licensing relief for foreign financial services providers, new AUSTRAC guidance, new ASIC guidance on ongoing fee arrangements, and much more.
Banking & Finance| 10 Jun 2021
We consider the decision of the Supreme Court of New South Wales in Bhundia v Sommers (No 4)  NSWSC 455.
Banking & Finance| 26 May 2021
In this edition, we consider the Budget’s commitments to funds management and foreign financial services providers, a case on defective PDS disclosure, the exposure draft Your Future, Your Super regulations and much more.