Our banking and finance team has extensive experience advising lenders and borrowers in a wide range of corporate and acquisition finance matters.
We apply our deep understanding of the legal and regulatory regimes to advise on debt and equity financing, and all types of loan facilities and related security structures.
We advise across the whole lifecycle of a transaction and tap into broader expertise throughout the firm, including corporate and tax, to provide a multidisciplinary solution for all transactions.
- Acting for a mezzanine subscriber for notes in a warehouse trust established by RESIMAC to acquire more than $300m of mortgage loans currently funded by RHG.
- Advising Westpac Banking Corporation on a $30m refinancing for a global tourism operator.
- Advising the Dyson Group of Companies on the acquisition finance of two Melbourne bus groups and refinancing of all its existing debt.
- Acting for APN Funds Management on a restructure of debt and sell down of assets for its European funds, with a combined debt of more than €490m.
- Advising APN Funds Management on $170m senior and mezzanine syndicated loan facilities with National Australia Bank and Gresham Property Funds Management.
Banking & Finance| 08 Dec 2023
In this edition, we outline the first tranche of draft legislation which responds to several recommendations of the Quality of Advice review, insights from ASIC’s Annual Forum, ASIC’s 2024 enforcement priorities and more.
Banking & Finance| 20 Nov 2023
We highlight the key implications financial market participants should be aware of.
Banking & Finance| 13 Nov 2023
In this edition, we outline ASIC’s changes to the reportable situation regime, ASIC’s commentary on under-reporting of reportable situations, the Government’s proposed sustainable finance strategy, and much more.
Banking & Finance| 24 Oct 2023
The NSW Supreme Court has found that Beyond Bank Australia wrongfully de-banked Human Appeal International Australia when is unilaterally closed Human Appeal’s banking facilities without a valid reason.