The property and the construction sectors continue to prosper in Australia, despite fluctuating market conditions. There remains ongoing interest from Australian and overseas investors in property and construction opportunities, which often require complex and highly structured deals.
Our banking and finance team is known for their expertise in advising borrowers, lenders, funds and other participants on property and construction transactions. Our market reputation stems from our ability to provide commercial advice that addresses legal, regulatory and business requirements and our ability to offer a multidisciplinary perspective on every matter.
- Acting for APN Property Group and Newmark Capital in a $52m joint venture in the private purchase and redevelopment of the Lindcombe Power Centre in Sydney’s western suburbs, set to be valued at $120m, and the associated $50m debt funding for the development.
- Advising Austpac Funds Management on a bilateral loan facility with Commonwealth Bank of Australia for a real estate investment trust.
- Acting for Newmark Capital on a bilateral facility with Commonwealth Bank of Australia for commercial property in Chadstone.
- Acting for Pacific Retail REIT on a $175m syndicated facility agreement.
- Acting for China Construction Bank (CCB) on numerous real property acquisitions valued up to $100m, including the refinancing of Chanel’s flagship store.