Our extensive experience in capital raising gives us the insight to provide technical expertise that is coupled with creative, commercial solutions in equity capital market (ECM) transactions.
We have acted for companies and responsible entities on IPOs and ASX listings. Our team has a deep understanding of the specific requirements and approaches taken by private investors and underwriters / lead managers in the Australian market, as well as expertise in the evolving regulatory landscape. This, along with our strong relationships with regulators, enables us to provide relevant and informed advice on the key issues that arise throughout any IPO/listing transaction.
In addition, we have extensive experience in and regularly advise on secondary retail and institutional offerings, capital raising transactions by REITs and other managed investment schemes, recapitalisations, stapled security structures, on-market buy-backs and capital reductions. We also have extensive experience in executive and employee incentive schemes, including option plans, share plans, loan funded share plans and performance rights plans.
Beyond our transactional work, we advise ASX-listed clients on various ongoing compliance and corporate governance-related obligations (including in relation to the regulation of managed investment schemes) and help them prepare for AGMs and EGMs.
Members of our team are internationally recognised as leading lawyers in capital markets in Australia.
- Advising Victory Offices Limited (ASX: VOL) in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
- Advising Powerwrap Limited (ASX: PWL), one of Australia’s leading wealth management and administrative platforms, in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
- Advising APN Property Group Limited (ASX: APD) on its restructure to form a listed stapled group.
- Advising Arena REIT (ASX: ARF) in respect of its share purchase plan and institutional placement.
- Advising APN Funds Management Limited in respect of the recapitalisation (through a withdrawal offer, rights issue and public offer) and delisting of the APN Regional Property Fund.
- Advising Acumentis (ASX: ACU ) (formerly LandMark White Limited) in respect of its partially underwritten rights issue and public offer.
- Advising Netccentric, a Singapore-headquartered fintech company (ASX: NCL), in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
- Advising Arena Investment Management Limited in respect of the fully underwritten IPO and ASX listing of Arena REIT (ASX: ARF).
- Advising Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd on its $25 million pre-IPO capital raising through the issue of convertible notes.
- Advising Domacom Australia Ltd (ASX: DCL) in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
Thinking| 21 May 2020
Financial Services in Focus is a fortnightly round-up of legal and regulatory developments in the financial services sector in Australia. Read more here.
Corporate governance| 01 May 2020
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and its potential impacts on the financial position of listed companies, ASX has released a Compliance Update announcing a number of relief measures, and clarifying various continuous disclosure and other obligations during this unprecedented period. Find out all you need to know here.
Thinking| 22 Apr 2020
In this fortnight’s edition of Financial Services in Focus, we provide commentary on the latest ASIC updates, new regulations facilitating early release of superannuation, and APRA’s temporary suspension of new licence issuing.
Commercial| 01 Apr 2020
We are all aware that the COVID-19 pandemic is having a massive impact on the business operations of many Australian listed companies and Australian and global securities markets. With many businesses needing additional capital to sustain or evolve their operations through the next six months (or longer), raising new capital will be crucial for the survival of many listed entities.