Our extensive experience in capital raising gives us the insight to provide technical expertise that is coupled with creative, commercial solutions in equity capital market (ECM) transactions.
We have acted for companies and responsible entities on IPOs and ASX listings. Our team has a deep understanding of the specific requirements and approaches taken by private investors and underwriters / lead managers in the Australian market, as well as expertise in the evolving regulatory landscape. This, along with our strong relationships with regulators, enables us to provide relevant and informed advice on the key issues that arise throughout any IPO/listing transaction.
In addition, we have extensive experience in and regularly advise on secondary retail and institutional offerings, capital raising transactions by REITs and other managed investment schemes, recapitalisations, stapled security structures, on-market buy-backs and capital reductions. We also have extensive experience in executive and employee incentive schemes, including option plans, share plans, loan funded share plans and performance rights plans.
Beyond our transactional work, we advise ASX-listed clients on various ongoing compliance and corporate governance-related obligations (including in relation to the regulation of managed investment schemes) and help them prepare for AGMs and EGMs.
Members of our team are internationally recognised as leading lawyers in capital markets in Australia.
- Advising Victory Offices Limited (ASX: VOL) in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
- Advising Powerwrap Limited (ASX: PWL), one of Australia’s leading wealth management and administrative platforms, in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
- Advising APN Property Group Limited (ASX: APD) on its restructure to form a listed stapled group.
- Advising Arena REIT (ASX: ARF) in respect of its share purchase plan and institutional placement.
- Advising APN Funds Management Limited in respect of the recapitalisation (through a withdrawal offer, rights issue and public offer) and delisting of the APN Regional Property Fund.
- Advising Acumentis (ASX: ACU ) (formerly LandMark White Limited) in respect of its partially underwritten rights issue and public offer.
- Advising Netccentric, a Singapore-headquartered fintech company (ASX: NCL), in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
- Advising Arena Investment Management Limited in respect of the fully underwritten IPO and ASX listing of Arena REIT (ASX: ARF).
- Advising Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd on its $25 million pre-IPO capital raising through the issue of convertible notes.
- Advising Domacom Australia Ltd (ASX: DCL) in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
Financial Services| 23 Jul 2020
In this edition of Financial Services in Focus, partners Harry (Cheski) New, Adrian Verdnik and Vince Battaglia provide commentary on the latest ASIC updates, discuss the ASX's extension of temporary emergency capital raising relief to 30 November, plus much more.
Commercial| 14 Jul 2020
In part three of our four-part series, ‘Continuous disclosure vs COVID-19’, we discuss how crucial it is for listed entities to be proactive in correcting situations where the media, an analyst report or market speculation surfaces that could lead to a false market in its securities.
Corporate and Commercial| 09 Jul 2020
ASIC has released further information about its focus areas for financial reporting in the COVID-19 environment for the year ending 30 June 2020. Our Corporate and Commercial team provides a rundown of what reporting entities need to know about the new information, which ASIC released on 7 July 2020.
Thinking| 01 Jul 2020
Financial Services in Focus is a fortnightly round-up of legal and regulatory developments in the financial services sector in Australia.