Our extensive experience in capital raising gives us the insight to provide technical expertise that is coupled with creative, commercial solutions in equity capital market (ECM) transactions.
We have acted for companies and responsible entities on IPOs and ASX listings. Our team has a deep understanding of the specific requirements and approaches taken by private investors and underwriters / lead managers in the Australian market, as well as expertise in the evolving regulatory landscape. This, along with our strong relationships with regulators, enables us to provide relevant and informed advice on the key issues that arise throughout any IPO/listing transaction.
In addition, we have extensive experience in and regularly advise on secondary retail and institutional offerings, capital raising transactions by REITs and other managed investment schemes, recapitalisations, stapled security structures, on-market buy-backs and capital reductions. We also have extensive experience in executive and employee incentive schemes, including option plans, share plans, loan funded share plans and performance rights plans.
Beyond our transactional work, we advise ASX-listed clients on various ongoing compliance and corporate governance-related obligations (including in relation to the regulation of managed investment schemes) and help them prepare for AGMs and EGMs.
Members of our team are internationally recognised as leading lawyers in capital markets in Australia.
- Advising Victory Offices Limited (ASX: VOL) in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
- Advising Powerwrap Limited (ASX: PWL), one of Australia’s leading wealth management and administrative platforms, in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
- Advising APN Property Group Limited (ASX: APD) on its restructure to form a listed stapled group.
- Advising Arena REIT (ASX: ARF) in respect of its share purchase plan and institutional placement.
- Advising APN Funds Management Limited in respect of the recapitalisation (through a withdrawal offer, rights issue and public offer) and delisting of the APN Regional Property Fund.
- Advising Acumentis (ASX: ACU ) (formerly LandMark White Limited) in respect of its partially underwritten rights issue and public offer.
- Advising Netccentric, a Singapore-headquartered fintech company (ASX: NCL), in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
- Advising Arena Investment Management Limited in respect of the fully underwritten IPO and ASX listing of Arena REIT (ASX: ARF).
- Advising Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd on its $25 million pre-IPO capital raising through the issue of convertible notes.
- Advising Domacom Australia Ltd (ASX: DCL) in respect of its IPO and ASX listing.
Banking & Finance| 08 Apr 2021
In this edition, we report on ASIC’s CFD and binary option product intervention orders, ASIC’s requirements for advice fee consents and independence disclosures, ASIC’s ‘no action’ position on virtual meetings and much more.
Banking & Finance| 15 Mar 2021
In this edition, we report on draft exposure regulations for incoming reforms to breach reporting obligations.
Corporate & Commercial| 05 Mar 2021
Directors of listed entities, and their insurers, are set to benefit from a relaxation of continuous disclosure laws, which are shortly to be made permanent under new legislation.
Banking & Finance| 23 Feb 2021
In this edition, we consider the much-anticipated High Court decision in Westpac v ASIC on personal versus general financial product advice and the introduction of the ‘Your Future, Your Super’ bill and proposed amendments to continuous disclosure rules into Parliament.