Our security enforcement team combines expertise in banking, finance and insolvency to provide the full range of debt recovery and security enforcement services for lenders, creditors and insolvency practitioners.
Our services include:
- advising on debt recovery;
- providing security reviews and advising on prospects and procedural options for security enforcement;
- issuing enforcement proceedings in all jurisdictions, including all Victorian and NSW Courts, the Federal Court and VCAT;
- enforcing judgments (including overseas judgments) and security; and
- advising on PPSA compliance and enforcement.
Our team advises banks, non-bank lenders, insurers and corporate clients.
- Acting for banks, including major Australian banks and non-bank lenders, in the recovery and enforcement of institutional, commercial and residential loans.
- Acting for liquidators in the recovery of multi-million dollar debtor books.
- Advising a major energy company on the recovery of petroleum accounts and associated security enforcement.
- Acting on the recovery equipment finance debts.
- Acting for a number of major insurers on the recovery of workers’ compensation premiums and property damage recoveries.
Banking & Finance| 13 Nov 2023
In this edition, we outline ASIC’s changes to the reportable situation regime, ASIC’s commentary on under-reporting of reportable situations, the Government’s proposed sustainable finance strategy, and much more.
Banking & Finance| 24 Oct 2023
The NSW Supreme Court has found that Beyond Bank Australia wrongfully de-banked Human Appeal International Australia when is unilaterally closed Human Appeal’s banking facilities without a valid reason.
Banking & Finance| 18 Oct 2023
In this edition, we outline the proposals to regulate or reform digital asset platforms, payday super, and Australia’s payments system, and much more.