Our security enforcement team combines expertise in banking, finance and insolvency to provide the full range of debt recovery and security enforcement services for lenders, creditors and insolvency practitioners.
Our services include:
- advising on debt recovery;
- providing security reviews and advising on prospects and procedural options for security enforcement;
- issuing enforcement proceedings in all jurisdictions, including all Victorian and NSW Courts, the Federal Court and VCAT;
- enforcing judgments (including overseas judgments) and security; and
- advising on PPSA compliance and enforcement.
Our team advises banks, non-bank lenders, insurers and corporate clients.
- Acting for banks, including major Australian banks and non-bank lenders, in the recovery and enforcement of institutional, commercial and residential loans.
- Acting for liquidators in the recovery of multi-million dollar debtor books.
- Advising a major energy company on the recovery of petroleum accounts and associated security enforcement.
- Acting on the recovery equipment finance debts.
- Acting for a number of major insurers on the recovery of workers’ compensation premiums and property damage recoveries.
Nick has 21 years’ experience acting for Australian and international financiers and borrowers in corporate finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and general finance across a range of sectors including financial services, property, health, social and affordable housing and technology.
Banking & Finance| 21 Dec 2021
In this edition, we consider a case on misleading or deceptive marketing practices for a credit fund, the Government’s response to payments reviews and payment reforms, and much more.
Banking & Finance| 26 Nov 2021
In this edition, we consider ASIC’s new guidance on cryto-asset licensing and market regulation, new and updated APRA FAQs on a range of matters and a suite of ASX regulatory updates, and much more.
Banking & Finance| 22 Oct 2021
A quick reminder that Directors can apply for a Director Identification Number (DIN) from 1 November 2021, and existing directors must have applied for a number by 30 November 2021.
Banking & Finance| 19 Oct 2021
The NSW Government has announced $183 million in new funding for social housing. The funding aims to fast-track much needed new social housing properties across NSW and support post-COVID economic recovery.