Our security enforcement team combines expertise in banking, finance and insolvency to provide the full range of debt recovery and security enforcement services for lenders, creditors and insolvency practitioners.
Our services include:
- advising on debt recovery;
- providing security reviews and advising on prospects and procedural options for security enforcement;
- issuing enforcement proceedings in all jurisdictions, including all Victorian and NSW Courts, the Federal Court and VCAT;
- enforcing judgments (including overseas judgments) and security; and
- advising on PPSA compliance and enforcement.
Our team advises banks, non-bank lenders, insurers and corporate clients.
- Acting for banks, including major Australian banks and non-bank lenders, in the recovery and enforcement of institutional, commercial and residential loans.
- Acting for liquidators in the recovery of multi-million dollar debtor books.
- Advising a major energy company on the recovery of petroleum accounts and associated security enforcement.
- Acting on the recovery equipment finance debts.
- Acting for a number of major insurers on the recovery of workers’ compensation premiums and property damage recoveries.
Nick has 21 years’ experience acting for Australian and international financiers and borrowers in corporate finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and general finance across a range of sectors including financial services, property, health, social and affordable housing and technology.
Banking & Finance| 23 Sep 2021
In this edition, we consider the final breach reporting regulatory guide, electronic execution and virtual meetings legislation, judicial commentary in relation to an AFS licensee’s supervisory arrangements, and much more.
Banking & Finance| 13 Sep 2021
ASIC has now published its updated and final guidance on the new breach reporting regime for AFS and credit licensees that will apply from 1 October 2021.
Banking & Finance| 30 Aug 2021
In this update, we explore the changes that financial services businesses can expect to see in ASIC’s approach to exercising its investigative and enforcement functions and powers.
Banking & Finance| 24 Aug 2021
In this edition, we consider proposed DDO reforms, temporary relief to permit electronic disclosures and virtual meetings, updates to superannuation portfolio holdings disclosure, and much more.