For all companies, the effective management of trade marks and portfolios is an important part of maintaining competitiveness in the market.
Implementing a strategic approach to managing trade marks, monitoring for infringements and enforcing rights is vital. We manage trade mark portfolios for numerous clients, which includes providing brand protection advice on trade mark availability, infringement and registrability both nationally and internationally, and preparing evidence and submissions to IP Australia.
- Successfully acting for one of Australia’s leading franchise systems in relation to defending a non-use action and enforcing an opposition proceeding.
- Providing strategic brand protection and trade mark prosecution advice for one of Australia’s largest residential builders.
- Providing strategic brand protection advice and managing a trade mark opposition for leading international children’s product brands.
- Acting for one of Australia’s leading online fantasy game developers in the successful prosecution of a well-known trade mark for online fantasy sports games.
- Advising a global leader in the supercomputer market on trade mark opposition proceedings.
Intellectual Property| 20 Jan 2021
Making Your Mark – a guide for SMEs and advisors: are you doing enough to ‘control’ the use of your trade marks?
In the third article of our series looking at some of the key issues for trade mark owners, and their advisors, operating in and entering the Australian market, we provide some tips for exercising proper ‘control’ over your trade marks.
Intellectual Property| 08 Dec 2020
Kraft Brands has been denied special leave to appeal to the High Court, ending the dispute with Bega Cheese over ownership of the Kraft peanut butter trade dress.
Intellectual Property| 15 Oct 2020
Making Your Mark – a guide for SMEs and advisors: fatal cracks in the foundations? Trade mark ownership in the spotlight
In this article, we look at some of the steps trade mark owners should take to ensure their registrations are not vulnerable to challenge based on defective ownership.