IP litigation and related disputes can be an unwanted distraction for any business, whether enforcing its right as the IP owner or defending infringement claims.
We work with our clients to assess the risks and rewards of pursuing all actions at the outset, weighing up the commercial benefits, the chance of success and the financial impact of any dispute.
We have expertise across all areas of IP litigation, including enforcing and defending copyright, design, patent and trade mark infringements and related claims under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth). We also work with our litigation lawyers who have IP disputes experience to complement our core IP team.
- Acting in respect of numerous trade mark, copyright, design and patent infringement matters.
- Advising a complex and multi-jurisdictional trade mark dispute concerning a client’s well known and valuable registered trade marks in Chile.
- Acting for a Hong Kong based global logistics service supplier in respect of trade mark infringement, passing off and misleading and deceptive conduct proceedings brought against it in Australia.
- Acting for a New Zealand based joint venture company in relation to enforcement of its plant breeder’s rights (PBR).
- Acting for a property fund group on an ongoing trade mark dispute around one of its funds.
- Acting for a manufacturer in high-profile design infringement proceedings and associated consumer law claims.
- Advising a national financial services group on obtaining injunctions against former licensees for trade mark infringement, misleading and deceptive conduct, and breaches of licensing agreements in the Federal Court.
Intellectual Property| 07 Dec 2021
We give a quick overview for those in the gaming sector who want to do business in Australia, whether you are a local dev or an overseas studio looking to invest in the Aussie gaming industry.
Intellectual Property| 07 Oct 2021
The spotlight is on the games industry in Australia. For those who are either in, or looking to break into, this industry, we set out some key legal considerations.
Intellectual Property| 25 Mar 2021
The Designs Amendment Bill 2020 proposes seven key changes to the Designs Act 2003 (Cth).
Intellectual Property| 20 Jan 2021
Making Your Mark – a guide for SMEs and advisors: are you doing enough to ‘control’ the use of your trade marks?
In the third article of our series looking at some of the key issues for trade mark owners, and their advisors, operating in and entering the Australian market, we provide some tips for exercising proper ‘control’ over your trade marks.