Oliver is a corporate partner, whose practice focuses on mergers & acquisitions, corporate advisory, divestments, foreign investments and start-up capital raising.
He has particular expertise in cross-border transactions advising foreign clients on their legal needs in Australia and how to enter the Australian market. Oliver’s practice also comprises drafting a range of commercial agreements including shareholders and distribution agreements and advising on IT contracts.
Oliver leads our growing German desk and being a native German speaker regularly advises clients from Austria, Switzerland and Germany.
Oliver is the current President of European Business, an international business networking organisation which seeks to promote trade and investment between Europe and Australia. Oliver also sits on the Advisory Board of the European Union Centre at the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology and is an executive member of the German Australia Chamber of Industry and Commerce.
- Acting for an US listed technology and media company on an acquisition in Australia.
- Advising Austrian based Knill Group on their acquisition of an Australian company.
- Advising Einhell Germany AG on their acquisition of the Ozito group of companies.
- Advising the WAGO Group on an acquisition of a company in Australia.
- Advising Inabox Group on their acquisition of listed telecommunication and IT company Anittel Group Limited.
- Advising Boost Juice founders Janine and Jeff Allis in the sale of a majority stake in Boost Investment Group to US-based private equity firm The Riverside Company.
- Acting for the Sellers of the Sweeney Research Group on the sale of the Group to Ernst & Young.
- Assisting a Fintech start up with different rounds of capital raising.
- Advising a German luxury car manufacturer on various commercial matters.
- Acting on the restructure of Australia’s largest privately owned construction company.
- Acting for Intershop Communications AG, a German based eCommerce software provider, in the entering into of major IT contracts with various clients including Telstra and Australia Post.