Hall & Wilcox brings together experts across the firm to support and advise companies in the retail, consumer goods and services sector within Australia and globally. Our experience ensures we provide commercially relevant and timely advice to our clients, based on our knowledge and insight of the sector.
How we can help
Our experience covers all aspects of the retail sector, from supply chain management, logistics, payment solutions, advertising and branding, product safety and recycling to specific sector employer and employee requirements, leasing and e-commerce platforms. Some of the key issues facing these sectors include:
- Digital disruption of traditional business models
- Payment innovations like BNPL
- e-Commerce and new technology trends
- Data analytics, customer profiling and privacy
- Changing demographics and the impact on consumer tastes and preferences
- Consumers that are more focused and time-poor, and less loyal to brands and stores
The global impact of COVID-19 has also been felt by the broader retail sector, with many retailers needing to close their traditional ‘bricks and mortar’ stores and expand their online presence. However, the pandemic and the economic impact it has created are not a negative for the sector:
- More push to shop online, bringing huge opportunities for retailers and wholesalers who have established an online business model.
- Loyalty is switching to shopping “locally”, with a desire to give back to the suburban and Australian community (local manufacturing is definitely seeing this impact).
- Creation of more simplified supply chains, where possible, as access to offshore manufacturing becomes less certain.
Corporate & Commercial| 19 Oct 2020
In light of the decrease in new COVID-19 cases, Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews announced on 18 ...
Corporate & Commercial| 07 Sep 2020
Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews yesterday announced metropolitan Melbourne’s timeline for achieving COVID Normal, a ...
Corporate & Commercial| 11 Aug 2020
Partner Jacqui Barrett examines the importance of managing supply chains and what businesses should consider ...
Franchising, Retail & Distribution| 03 Jun 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to significantly disrupt the supply chains in which businesses across Australia, ...
Mergers & Acquisitions| 19 May 2020
We have advised Amorepacific, the world’s 12th largest cosmetics company, on its investment in ...
Corporate & Commercial| 23 Oct 2019
We have advised Carlton & United Breweries on a joint venture with Phil Sexton, one of ...