Hall & Wilcox brings together experts across the firm to support and advise companies in the retail, consumer goods and services sector within Australia and globally. Our experience ensures we provide commercially relevant and timely advice to our clients, based on our knowledge and insight of the sector.
How we can help
Our experience covers all aspects of the retail sector, from supply chain management, specific sector employer and employee requirements, leasing and e-commerce platforms. Some of the key issues facing these sectors include:
- New technology trends and the importance of data
- Younger generation of shoppers and the drive for “all goods and services” to be available online
- Consumers that are more focused and time-poor, and less loyal to brands and stores
The global impact of COVID-19 has also been felt by the broader retail sector, with many retailers needing to close their traditional ‘bricks and mortar’ stores. However, the pandemic and the economic impact it has created is not a negative for the sector:
- More push to shop online, bringing huge opportunities for retailers and wholesalers who have established an online business model.
- Loyalty is switching to shopping “locally”, with a desire to give back to the suburban and Australian community (local manufacturing is definitely seeing this impact).
- Creation of more simplified supply chains, where possible, as access to offshore manufacturing becomes less certain.
Tax and superannuation| 10 Jun 2020
With the announcement of the JobKeeper payment, a lot of struggling businesses were able to ...
Franchising| 03 Jun 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to significantly disrupt the supply chains in which businesses across Australia, ...
News| 19 May 2020
We have advised Amorepacific, the world’s 12th largest cosmetics company, on its investment in ...
News| 23 Oct 2019
Leading independent law firm, Hall & Wilcox, has advised Carlton & United Breweries on a joint venture ...