Michael’s practice focuses on tax disputes, capital gains tax, business sales and acquisitions and restructuring. He also acts in matters that deal with domestic income tax, tax compliance, tax training tax due diligence.
Michael has been recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia in Tax Law every year since 2016.
- Handling tax disputes including audits, objections, and AAT and Federal Court litigation.
- Advising tax consolidated groups on their tax sharing agreements, and entry and exit consequences.
- Providing tax expert reports for various product disclosure statements.
- Advising clients on structuring business sales, mergers, restructures and acquisitions, so as to best take advantage of available tax concessions and tax rollovers.
- Providing advice on tax debt/equity rules.
- Advising on the operation and effects of the tax consolidation rules.
- Providing advice on the application of various trust and company tax loss rules, and inter-entity loan rules.
Awards and recognition
Best Lawyers in Australia 2016-2023Recognised – Tax Law
Tax | 30 Jun 2022
The ATO finalised its new guidelines regarding the allocation of professional firm profits in the form of PCG 2021/4 in December 2021.