We are a leading wills, estates and succession planning, and wills and estates litigation firm ranked in Chambers High Net Worth 2021 for private wealth law.
Our Private Clients team are praised for being ‘approachable, client-centric and responsive’ and ‘ensuring the underlying client receives the most appropriate advice’ – Chambers High Net Worth 2021.
We advise private clients, including business owners, high net worth individuals and families. We are mindful of the often emotional nature of dealing with a client’s personal affairs and are skilled at navigating all relevant issues with sensitivity to achieve the desired and appropriate outcomes.
Our team’s extensive experience includes:
- preparing or updating estate and succession planning documents, including wills with testamentary trusts, letters of wishes and documents to deal with incapacity to allow trusted persons to make medical, lifestyle and financial decisions if the client is unable to make such decisions;
- advising on trusts, including establishing trusts, continuing administration, dealing with succession of control of trusts, managing special disability trusts, undertaking trust deed reviews, and advising on trust interpretation and trust disputes;
- preparing business succession planning, including by way of sale and inter-generational transfer, buy sell agreements and shareholder/unitholder agreements;
- administering estates (probate and letters of administration);
- resolving private client disputes, including trust disputes and claims for further provision to be made out of the estate of a deceased person;
- advising on asset protection structuring to minimise the exposure of assets to creditors and the Family Court;
- advising on charity and philanthropy, including establishing and administering charitable trusts and foundations;
- advising on superannuation and taxation; and
- advising on migration and international wealth.
Private Clients| 07 Sep 2021
In the second instalment of our probate series, we consider potential issues for executors once they embark on the estate administration process.
Private Clients| 18 Aug 2021
Dealing with the estate administration process can be a difficult time, especially after the recent loss of a loved one. In the first article of our series on probate, we outline the duties of an executor.
Private Clients| 09 Jun 2021
The Victorian Government has recently made many of the temporary processes and procedures implemented in response to COVID-19 permanent, with the commencement of the Justice Legislation Amendment (System Enhancements and Other Matters) Act 2021 (Vic).
Private Clients| 13 Apr 2021
The pandemic has resulted in significant global change, but it may also mean that it is time to have a look at the impact closer to home in relation to personal estate planning.