We are a leading wills, estates and succession planning and wills and estates litigation firm in Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession, 2018.
We advise private clients, including business owners, high net worth individuals and families. We are mindful of the often emotional nature of dealing with a client’s personal affairs and are skilled at navigating all relevant issues with sensitivity to achieve the desired and appropriate outcomes.
Our team’s extensive experience includes:
- preparing or updating estate and succession planning documents, including wills with testamentary trusts, letters of wishes and documents to deal with incapacity to allow trusted persons to make medical, lifestyle and financial decisions if the client is unable to make such decisions
- advising on trusts, including establishing trusts, continuing administration, dealing with succession of control of trusts, managing special disability trusts, undertaking trust deed reviews, and advising on trust interpretation and trust disputes
- preparing business succession planning, including by way of sale and inter-generational transfer, buy sell agreements and shareholder/unitholder agreements
- administering estates (probate and letters of administration)
- resolving private client disputes, including trust disputes and claims for further provision to be made out of the estate of a deceased person
- advising on asset protection structuring to minimise the exposure of assets to creditors and the Family Court
- advising on charity and philanthropy, including establishing and administering charitable trusts and foundations
- advising on superannuation and taxation, and
- advising on migration and international wealth.
Emma has extensive experience in advising clients in estate planning and estate administration, trust establishment, and ongoing administration, trust estate disputes and structuring for succession of ownership and control of private and family businesses...