Preparing or updating your Will and personal estate plan will ensure that your estate and other entities (such as family trusts) are managed smoothly and in accordance with your instructions.
We know that contemplating your mortality and making time to plan can be difficult, but your estate plan does not have to be complicated or time consuming. Our Prepare team can help you navigate through all the issues providing an easy to understand, step by step process to get your plan in shape.
Use this checklist to work out if you need to prepare or update your estate plan.
8 good reasons to Prepare or update your estate plan
Having children / family changes
Promotion / retirement / superannuation changes
Buy / sell real estate
These are just some of the reasons to plan. It is crucial that the plan you have is appropriate for your unique circumstances and meets your needs.
Failing to Prepare or getting the plan wrong can result in consequences including:
- your family missing out on asset protection and tax benefits
- delays and extra cost in administering your estate
- extra tax payable
- disputes between family members
- your wealth passing to people you don’t intend to benefit
How we can help you Prepare
Our Prepare team has extensive experience and expertise in advising in all aspects of estate planning including:
- testamentary trusts
- trust structuring
- asset protection
- private dispute resolution
We provide proactive advice applying our depth of experience to your unique circumstances.
Our team will work closely with you (and your advisers) to understand what you would like to achieve and provide clear options and advice.
We are mindful of the often emotional nature of dealing with estate planning and we manage the process with sensitivity and understanding to achieve the best outcome and peace of mind for your family.
The Prepare process
Our goal is to make the estate planning process as simple as we can. Our process is simple and our prices are fixed.
Contact us through our dedicated Prepare address Prepare@hallandwilcox.com.au We will contact you to arrange a no obligation meeting (at your office, our office or your home – where suits best)
- We will send some information to help you Prepare
- what to think about before the meeting
- what to bring to the meeting
- pricing information
- We meet with you to discuss your wishes and options available
- We will review any existing documents and advise if any changes are required
- We send you initial diagrams setting out the plan
- We confirm the price
- We ask you for any further information and instructions
- We provide drafts of your documents
- You provide us with your final instructions
- We meet with you to review and sign up
- We send you copies of your documents
- We can keep the original documents for you, if required