Megan has extensive experience working with clients across a range of industries and backgrounds.
Specifically, Megan specialises in corporate litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency, shareholder disputes, partnership disputes, contractual disputes, breach of confidence and restraint of trade, banking matters, and Australian Consumer Law.
Megan has advised companies in relation to restructuring and work-outs, contracts, trade mark applications and business sale agreements, and advised liquidators on a range of matters including drafting deeds of company arrangements.
- Advising a minority shareholder in relation to a claim in the Supreme Court of New South Wales for oppressive conduct and recovery of a loan repayable at call.
- Advising three related companies in a three week hearing before the Federal Court of Australia against two former directors for breach of an implied term of a contract and misleading and deceptive conduct giving rise to a claim for damages for loss of opportunity.
- Advising a company operating a financial planning business in relation to a claim in the Supreme Court of New South Wales against two former employees and directors for breach of confidence and breach of post-employment restraints.
- Advising a company and shareholder in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in relation to a dispute regarding the ownership of three companies operating various restaurants following the death of one of the shareholders and a claim for oppressive conduct.
- Advising a company in the Supreme Court of New South Wales in relation to a members’ circular resolution signed by a purported corporate representative which was found to be invalid and also oppressive, unfairly prejudicial to, or unfairly discriminatory, against the majority shareholder.
- Advising a group of distressed companies in relation to a restructure.