Marissa is an accomplished litigator with the technical acumen to provide accurate and competent legal advice to both domestic and international insurers and private clients. Her experience spans more than 8 years’ and includes defence of property damage, construction disputes, and professional indemnity matters (construction and financial lines).
Marissa’s area of expertise includes defending public and product liability (property damage) and professional indemnity claims. She is also experienced in providing complex indemnity advice to insurers on public and product liability, construction liability and professional lines policies.
Marissa’s strength lies in her pragmatic approach to litigation, commitment to client service delivery and in her ability to maintain strong relationships with clients.
- Acted for both domestic and international insurers, principally in NSW but also across many jurisdictions in Australia including QLD, ACT, Victoria & SA
- Acted on behalf of head contractors and sub-contractors in construction disputes in respect of both residential and commercial building works
- Acted on behalf of a variety of construction professionals (principally engineers, consultants, architects) in a variety of disputes.
- Acted in property damage matters such as fire claims (including arson), flood damage claims, gas explosions etc.
- Acted in product defect claims including defective machinery, toxic stock feed, marine structures etc.
- Experienced in providing complex indemnity advice to insurers.
- Conducting practical seminars for insurance clients to meet their specific needs.
Insurance | 1 Jun 2023
The NSW Court of Appeal has found that the builder or developer bears the burden of establishing that the cost to remove and replace non-compliant ACP cladding is unreasonable.