Greg is a member of the General Insurance practice in Melbourne, acting for a range of insurers, particularly in the area of financial lines. He acts in claims for a variety of insureds, including accountants, financial planners, real estate agents, surveyors, architects and allied health practitioners.
Greg has significant experience in conducting major and complex litigation across various jurisdictions, including in class actions. This experience includes advising on and acting in general insurance, professional indemnity and personal injury disputes. It also includes building and construction, insolvency and Corporations Law matters, including breach of directors’ duties, proceedings for breach of contract, trade practices and fair trading, property and lease disputes, infringement of intellectual property rights and jurisdiction challenges.
- Representing the auditors for the Banksia Financial Group in a class action by debenture holders, and in separate actions brought by the company’s Receivers and Liquidators, in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Acting in a class action in the Supreme Court of Victoria against the Commonwealth by asylum seekers detained at Christmas Island, representing the medical services provider contracted, and joined to the proceeding, by the Commonwealth.
- Representing the auditors of the failed Gippsland Securities Limited debenture issuing company, in relation to ASIC’s investigation of, and subsequent action taken against, the lead auditor.
- Acting in claims against a variety of insureds, including accountants, financial planners, real estate agents, land surveyors, architects and allied health practitioners.
- Representing insureds in disciplinary inquiries, including by the Architects Registration Board, Building Practitioners Board, AHPRA and the Nursing and Midwifery Board.